Science Forums

Did God Time Travel?

amt7565

I don't think this forum has place for such trashy talk. It's disgusting and not funny at all.

Truely amt7565, I just hope nobody was in the middle of lunch while that display was in process. I wonder why some wish to reach down into their own toilet and retrieve these objects for our examination. I'm sure that doing so will dirty ones hands, let's hope that he will wash his hands before he eats. Then again, some like the filth and maybe he's so used to it that he won't bother to wash his hands?????

I find it easier to accept that GOD made this Universe than to think it was some event or accident.

Given that, everything and its opposite are true. Empirical reality is cancelled by tests of faith. Take your maunder elsewhere. The rest of us will follow Galileo's 1638 AD lead and laugh at Christian Scientists with appendicitis.

Hindu India has 36 crores of gods - that's 360 million gods. India with 1.1 billion people has fewer flush toilets than Denver, Colorado. If that is your idea of the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE handling feces, you keep it all for yourself. Pray, don't flush. Test of faith!

Yes, if God exists I'm sure he'd be interested in how we handle waste. Heck, I bet we'd all be robots, eliminating that need (as well as the need to think) right off!

Maybe it's more complicated then that, UA.

And I like the thread title! :Alien:

Did God time travel?

Yeah sure. He uses the sleigh pulled by Rudolph and the gang the 364 days it's not used by Santa Claus. And he is often accompanied by the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Elvis.

Of course, I don't have any proof for this, I just believe ... :Alien:

Proof and evidence is for the evil secular scientists. Real wisdom and understanding is beyond any kind of evidential support. Ockham's razor is an obstacle that we should do away with.

if this God you posit is so powerful and clever as to build the universe and slip through time..could he make a rock so big and heavy that even he couldn't...

Said object is the entire universe. To where would God move it? Translation is thus silly; rotation won't work either. Every point in the universe is at its exact center. All 4(pi)steradians exactly point to the Big Bang. Through what point will the axis of rotation pass to pivot the rest?

Believer, "God is a tiny green pea, slightly wrinkled."

Scientist, "That is contradicted by simple observation."

Believer, "Test of faith! Anybody who disagrees is unqualified to judge."

Heretic, "God is a tiny green pea, and perfectly smooth. JIHAD!!! Death to unbelievers!"

Don't laugh - It has been abundantly killing Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland for more than a century though their beliefs in Yahweh and His polytheistic rabble are all but indistinguishable. The worst that can happen to a scientist is that he publishes a retraction and ends up as manager of those who do better work.

God was invented to explain the inexplicable.

As science progressed, God's realm shrank. It's shrinking still.

There will be a God as long as:

1) We still have gaps in our scientific knowledge of the Universe

2) There's space for ignorance, and we, being the politically correct soft-bellied pink liberals we are, allow it. Kansas being a case in point.

Are we happy entertaining the concept of "God" in the world?

Yes.

Because it's a lot easier staying ignorant and believing in fairytales. Studying up on what the Universe is about, and how it all works, does not take a "leap of faith", it just takes an open mind, and hard work.

Seeing the Truth for what it is, takes a lot of guts - especially if you were brought up and raised as a good Christian/Muslim/Hindu/Jew/Whatever. Just because of your upbringing, you have a range of subconscious and conscious guilt and angst, because you're either afraid to disappoint your parents, or afraid of burning in hell, or what society might make of your opinions regarding the Truth.

Now - as long as the "unknown" is God's realm, which is a body of knowledge we just haven't discovered yet, the question you're asking is wether an encyclopaedia can travel through time.

I kinda doubt it.

Your friendly neighbourhood atheist,

Boerseun

I don't think this forum has place for such trashy talk. It's disgusting and not funny at all.

Why haven't you addressed the logic? If God is EVERYTHING, then he is that green floater coming out of my butt.

Maybe you prefer the God is EVERYWHERE claim? Okay, then he's in the toilet and that green floate plops right on his head, or in his mouth.

Half the posts here don't address the question. ;)

This is a common problem here, those that contribute to this or any other thread should respect the purpose the author had in mind when he first posted it. If they can't answer the question posed at the outset, why would they have any interest in the thread to begin with. It's a common tactic by these individuals to, instead of answering the topical question, they pose one of their own to switch focus in an attempt to hi-jack the thread for their own purpose. If some contributers to this thread find this expose offending, it is most likely because they fit well into this category.

This is a common problem here, those that contribute to this or any other thread should respect the purpose the author had in mind when he first posted it. If they can't answer the question posed at the outset, why would they have any interest in the thread to begin with. It's a common tactic by these individuals to, instead of answering the topical question, they pose one of their own to switch focus in an attempt to hi-jack the thread for their own purpose. If some contributers to this thread find this expose offending, it is most likely because they fit well into this category.

Infamous-

I am with you on that.

AMT-

This is a common problem here, those that contribute to this or any other thread should respect the purpose the author had in mind when he first posted it. If they can't answer the question posed at the outset, why would they have any interest in the thread to begin with.

Wrong. The real problem here - and in many other threads at this site - is that RELIGIOUS people want to talk about GOD. That's not science. It doesn't belong in the SCIENCE forums. In other words, the original poster asked an invalid question: there should be no thread here called "Did God Time Travel?".

Wrong. The real problem here - and in many other threads at this site - is that RELIGIOUS people want to talk about GOD. That's not science. It doesn't belong in the SCIENCE forums. In other words, the original poster asked an invalid question: there should be no thread here called "Did God Time Travel?".

A valid point IMO...

Infamous-

I am with you on that.

AMT-

Thank you amt7565; Now that things have settled somewhat, I'll offer up an observation. Supposing that God created the universe 15 billion years ago, and consider for one moment that if he were to travel around at near light speed for a short time, because of time dilation he may have aged only a few years. So from his perspective he didn't really have to wait very long. Now that I've tryed to give you an answer of sorts, let me make a point of my own. I believe in natural selection, and I also believe in intelligent design. I think the explanation which I have given for your question fits nicely in with both these positions. But by the time I finish these comments I'll bet you we will be able to hear the stampede of atheists back to this thread. Have a good one amt.....

Sorry I don't get the significance of this question:

Now remember, I am only talking from a scientific standpoint, assuming someone designed our Universe....I am not pushing my beliefs on you.

Yes, well the problem is that you are "assuming". I had a professor who explained to me what it means to 'assume' ..it means you are making an *** of u and me.

Why oh why is it necessary to assume a Creator...and seriously..by the very definition you ascribe to such a mythical creature..that it is outside of our universe and outside of space-time continuum ..meaning not governed by rules per se... wouldn't that mean God is beyond, above, outside of and not bound by science?

if you want to ask [silly] questions of serious minds go to the strange claims or philosophy forum ..there you casn argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin..and how it is that Santa Claus can viisit every good child's home on the planet in less than 24 hours...

Sheesh...where is a moderator when you need one. I can't believe this question was even allowed to be posted on SCIENCE FORUMS.

-Zohaar

if you want to ask [silly] questions of serious minds go to the strange claims or philosophy forum ..

Philosophy? Interesting...

Einstein, the greatest mind tha ever lived was a philosopher, not an astronomer. He formulated this thought experiments based on philosophy, not astronomy. And what is really strange is that he himself acknowledged Intelligent design.

Hate to digress, but seems like some of the atheists here are not addressing my initial question. :Alien:

Proof and evidence is for the evil secular scientists. Real wisdom and understanding is beyond any kind of evidential support. Ockham's razor is an obstacle that we should do away with.

No, proof and evidence are for ALL scientists. They are fundamental elements of true understanding. And if you don't agree, I really don't know what you expect to gain from a science forum.