Science Forums

My Favorite Alien Movie

Chemical

My all time favorite alien movie is Alien Quadrilogy with Sygourney Weaver. I've seen so many alien movies after that but nothing tops it in my opinion; especially not Prometheus. What do you think?

Alien series without a doubt and the Prometheus series could be good. Star Wars and Star Trek are good too tho!

For thrill Alien 1 and Alien 3 are definitively good. Alien 2 is too much army for my taste and alien4 is a thing by itself.
For an alien movie with some profoundness I really love "enemy of mine", just be sure to survive 20min in the beginning (if you don't you also think it is just an army movie)

Gregb, I also liked Prometheus, I remember noticing one inconsistency, other people did many more, but that did not make not enjoy it.

Gregb, I also liked Prometheus, I remember noticing one inconsistency, other people did many more, but that did not make not enjoy it.

Yeah there were a few, but in my first viewing I was able to just enjoy the atmosphere. I was genuinely intrigued and creeped out. Love that feeling.

Well, getting back to what I *think* was the intent of the OP, my favorite alien (generic noun) movies are a bit unconventional: "The Man Who Fell to Earth" (the original) and "Brother From Another Planet."

Well I'm not a scientist. But I know all things begin and end in eternity, :phones:

Buffy

• 1 month later...

I think District 9 was a really good alien movie..  Probably one of the best.

(I admit I liked the old cheesy "V" television mini-series from the 80's also)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82s9atP0teY

It kind of depends on the Aliens you are talking about. I'd make the distinction between:

Are they Coming to Earth?

Or are we discovering them on other Planets?

Prometheus was  a decent flick, but set in outer space..

Battle for Los Angeles was OK, and set in urban settings..

Edited by Racoon

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...