Science Forums

Logic Is A Belief System

Dumbass

You said axioms of logic are based on physical reality. That is not true in my view, the logic we use in everyday life has axioms from physical reality, but just like you did you can base a "logical thinking" on any axioms like "what if 1+1=3?" and then you apply logic on that axiom and so on...

No, they don't live in a "special place," they live everywhere all the time in every conceivable universe.

I conceive of absolutely no reason whatsoever to think this should necessarily be the case. for me to accept this would require according a much higher value to the efforts of humans, thus far, to appreciate the nature of anything: material, conceptual, theoretical, etc.

We are on the warm up track and do not even know there is a 10km race ahead.

I thought about this for the last week. All I could say logically I found not fault in my claims. Nonetheless my common sense tells me am wrong, so I will say am defacto convinced that logic is consistent. And that the axioms of logic are not tied to the physical presentation of the ether world but I would say that the axioms of logic are tied to a another presentation of the ether world, and we would call that presentation "the abstract" so am not saying logic is based on the material but that the material does not exist independently of our minds, just like logic and the abstract.

So in a way, logic is not a belief system but it does not exist independently from the subject.