Science Forums

Little Horn

Deepwater6

http://www.markbeast.com/satan/history-of-satan.htm

http://www.markbeast.com/satan/names-of-satan.htm

Let me be clear, this is not a post to prophesize. I do not believe in any organized religion nor do I endorse any future scenarios they predict. However I have no issue with individuals believing whatever they want to.

Although some none-believers find it irresistible to argue and pick apart the stories that go along with these beliefs. I feel these arguments get tiresome and old after a while. I don't wish to go down that road. I'm simply looking for the reason for my question.

After hearing a name I had never heard before, I started looking up all the names that the Devil is labeled with. One of the lists I found is attached.

My question is, if man is privy to the future eventual loss of the battle between good and evil, The Devil must also know. Why would the Devil go through with this battle or these chain of events? According to religious beliefs does he not have a choice? If the devil knows a battle will result in his demise why wouldn't he try another approach? A false peace agreement perhaps, a real peace agreement or some other method of saving himself.

snip...

Let me be clear, this is not a post to prophesize. ...

I think you meant 'proselytize'.

My question is, if man is privy to the future eventual loss of the battle between good and evil, The Devil must also know. Why would the Devil go through with this battle or these chain of events? According to religious beliefs does he not have a choice? If the devil knows a battle will result in his demise why wouldn't he try another approach? A false peace agreement perhaps, a real peace agreement or some other method of saving himself.

Since there is little to no agreement among a host of differing beliefs, there can be little to no agreement in a cavalcade of answers to your question from said believers. Angels are as angels do dude. :goodbad:

• 1 month later...

Why would the Devil go through with this battle or these chain of events? According to religious beliefs does he not have a choice? If the devil knows a battle will result in his demise why wouldn't he try another approach? A false peace agreement perhaps, a real peace agreement or some other method of saving himself.

My belief, Is that there is a balance in everything, If we think of this earth as the only one, the question would be hard to answer,

But if you believe like i do in multiple realities, Which are in balance to each opposing reality, The question becomes easier to answer,

The Devil is not bound to any one reality, The devil knows he must sometimes lose so he may win in each opposing reality.

The Devil and God play the balancing game.

The Devil knows if he is completely evil in one reality, Godness and love/peace will be complete in the opposing reality, Which would not sit well with the Devil, So the Devil and God find a balance they can both live with.

• 2 weeks later...

How would you go about testing your belief?  Or do you propose I take the veracity of your claim on faith alone?  

In the absence of evidence, why is your revelatory truth more accurate than anyone else's?

Your premise is not founded in reality. "My question is, if man is privy to the future eventual loss of the battle between good and evil, The Devil must also know."  Who claims, and through what evidence, such a thing?  Outside of fantastical legend, who is the Devil, and why must he know anything much less this particular thing?  The rest of your questions are similarly ludicrous as you've yet to establish that you are dealing in more than fairy tales.  That you choose to believe a particular fairy tale is not convincing evidence for me to do the same.

First of all I never hinted that any of this could be proven so I don't need to provide any evidence. Secondly, I wouldn't call the question "ludicrous" That's a really strong word for this simple conversation.

Although I do not believe in these "fairy tales" as you call them, millions of religious people on Earth do. That being the case I think it's a relevant question for discussion. I think a reasonable person would say that its common knowledge to many faiths. So to put the question a different way so you can understand. Why is this belief so prevalent in our religions if it doesn't make any sense? Why hasn't our society outgrown this.

First of all I never hinted that any of this could be proven so I don't need to provide any evidence. Secondly, I wouldn't call the question "ludicrous" That's a really strong word for this simple conversation.

Although I do not believe in these "fairy tales" as you call them, millions of religious people on Earth do. That being the case I think it's a relevant question for discussion. I think a reasonable person would say that its common knowledge to many faiths. So to put the question a different way so you can understand. Why is this belief so prevalent in our religions if it doesn't make any sense? Why hasn't our society outgrown this.

I think JM was responding to Sunshaker, not you.

As to why things that don't make sense are prevalent in religions, it's pretty much a given; goes with the territory. Blind faith, emphasis on BLIND. And what society is 'our' society? Good ol' USA? Siblinghood of humankind?

[paraphrased] The improvers of natural knowledge absolutely refuse to acknowledge authority, as such. For them, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin. ~ Thomas Huxley

Do your part; spread the word. :piratesword: