Science Forums

Adaptable Mathematical Universal Language

cal

An a-priori language based on the unit circle who's formatting orientation can be read from any direction would make bridging aesthetic languages across the world a little easier and create an objective mathematical basis (constant and average numerical values) for all languages converted. It can also become the first primary a-priori language due to it's multifunction usages.

That being said, welcome to "Blork". Blork is a highly adaptable format-morphing a-priori bridge language. I am completely open to edits and revisions of the language rules and base character markings. All the character markings are designed after common naturally and mathematically occurring shapes found in our universe, so they are to be more easily recognized by any non-human species that analyzes the text. The characters' orientation about their local origins is based on common radian angle measurements- starting from 1/2pi (@ 90 degrees) and rotating at any integer increments of 1/4pi (45 degree rotations). This means every compound character will have a definite trigonometric value for all of the basic trig functions (unless undefined).

Averaging out all the sine values of every word translated from English compared to every word translated from Japanese would provide interesting, if not useful, information about the languages. Speaking of English to Japanese, the read-directions and orientation of the characters in Blork are dynamic. It can be read from left to right, right to left, top to bottom, or bottom to top. There is an orientation symbol used to distinguish which direction is the primary direction to read from and which direction is secondary. This makes formatting more universalized.

There are also no spaces or punctuation insertions that break character flow. Instead, grammatical formatting hangs off the top & bottom, or left & right sides of the character flow. Here's a few pictures of all this muck-

That same text can be read this way as well-

Like I said, I'm open to edits and revisions of the language, as I'm making this an open-source project. I'm going to provide a zip file HERE with all the photoshop project files and character marking PNG files for people to use on their own. The default character marking dimensions I used for everything is 101x101 pixels (so there is a definite center to every character). The header and footer dimensions are 50 pixels tall but still 101 pixels wide.

I will need help writing a program that can re-orient given text and save the text data in a format-less way. I am also building modules in the program to calculate the average trig values of all the words and lines of text so it'll spit out the average for whatever text you entered.

Let me know what you all think! =D

Edited by Snax

• 1 month later...

I can't make heads or tails of it Snax. How about juxtaposing some simple mathematical sentences in base 10 with your notation? E.G. 2+2=4, 3x5=15, 72/6=12 ???

It's all based on the unit circle and common multiples of the 45 degree angle. It's all trig. The math side of it is just what gives it constants, but it's not super important. Really I was looking at it to bridge aesthetic languages with a common a priori language. I have a friend that does professional beatboxing and we're working on getting 26 base sounds that can be beatboxed to represent the English alphabet. If we can get that to work, then we'll have an a priori language with universal musical sounds to represent the utterances of the characters (which hasn't been done for an a priori or aesthetic language yet). It's not super amazing until you hear someone speak it haha.

It's all based on the unit circle and common multiples of the 45 degree angle. It's all trig. The math side of it is just what gives it constants, but it's not super important. Really I was looking at it to bridge aesthetic languages with a common a priori language. I have a friend that does professional beatboxing and we're working on getting 26 base sounds that can be beatboxed to represent the English alphabet. If we can get that to work, then we'll have an a priori language with universal musical sounds to represent the utterances of the characters (which hasn't been done for an a priori or aesthetic language yet). It's not super amazing until you hear someone speak it haha.

Shoot us a sound file when you get time. :note: :note: :note2:

So on the symbols, no 2+2=4?

• 2 weeks later...