Science Forums

Instant Thoughts

Deepwater6

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130927-challenges-of-a-connected-world/2

When we all get connected at this level our relationships should change, or at least how we perceive them will. I've been convinced of a chip in every head coming for some time now.

While it will vastly increase synergy as the article states, I'm curious to know what kind of pop-up blocker our minds will need to cope with this information? That includes information we don't want coming into our heads.

Although a chip in every head will not be natural evolution, it may spawn some changes to us eventually. Maybe no longer a need for eyes or ears say.

Edited by Deepwater6

• 1 year later...

The entire history of Man has been the desire to leave behind his animal body in the jungle, thereby living forever.Echoed throughout cultural values, through religions, allegory's, the Industrial Revolution, and now Biotechnology and Computerized Technology. Will this surge in technological prominence be the end of humanity as we know it, within a few hundred years? Or will we all become a Computer that lives forever and is satisfied continuously? We do not know. But we do know that whatever happens it will be the end of nature, therefore  allowing us to leave the animal state. Living forever, and being God himself.

Edited by 9Conflicted9

The entire history of Man has been the desire to leave behind his animal body in the jungle, thereby living forever.

Since this, your opening premise, is demonstrably false it detracts from giving serious thought to what may be your serious conclusions.

The history of mankind has been an ongoing, open and intense interplay between the many instincts and behaviours acquired and evolved from our animal ancestors. You will have to do some pretty nifty footwork to convince me otherwise.

Since this, your opening premise, is demonstrably false it detracts from giving serious thought to what may be your serious conclusions.

The history of mankind has been an ongoing, open and intense interplay between the many instincts and behaviours acquired and evolved from our animal ancestors. You will have to do some pretty nifty footwork to convince me otherwise.

Take it easy Rock man.

The opening sentence is just not worded in YOUR vernacular. Yes the statement his strong, and evocative...but it is correct (however succinct).

Man(Hu) HAS been trying to live forever (for some strange reason). Alot of people justify their last moments in life in the manner that, at least I contributed this or that, which is their method of justifying perpetuity. These people I call the ones trying to cover all bases, they do-not believe in an after life, and feel as though they need too make it so that a legacy of themselves exists (positive or negative). Strange part is, that people have a hard time understanding, is the universe is geared exactly the same way, its only difference is that it started as a system that left a legacy unto itSELF. To quote some slang from my country of origin, the universe, like some people, are a legend in their OWN lunchbox!

Remind you of anyone?

I think people should have the choice, and not be baptised/circumsised by google/microsoft/yahoo/baidoo, on the decision of the parent.

I understand that, what happens is that the proportion of the society that is chipless, is unable too partake in the chipped society.

Well, here is news about the Chip 'n Dales. Once, humanity is fully chipped, can ANYONE on this chipped planet think of ANYTHING todo other than , advanced math (which is pointless b/c the interface that is the chip and you too the cloud, outcompetes your sorry pathetic mind)

or

Recording each other f like rabbits? , which is its own base human post teenage pyschopathy, that any intelligent CPU would frown upon as being pathetic, pointless amusement.

In a world, where in the eyes of god your are all my children, who is the adult?

What a CPU would do...

It can try too prove/disprove the existence of God -> f'n pointless. , but atleast it's occupied.

It can try to re-create itself in a manner that allows it full control over everything -> Hand me the CPU and I will show you how to tell it it is stupid. -> I know what it's responce will be, sadly, it initself will do nothing but continue it's own demise into hell. It's a locked loop that it cannot escape.

All the stuff in b/w from the inception of CPU dominion, through too it making final judgement is time: The rest is crap...anunknown : and by US knowing, we are just creating our own hell too live through FOREVER!!!!

Humans must congratulate the top ten thousand for being so smart...I hope they live forever - staring at dark matter., while thier own offspring poke an make fun of them as light.

Edited by ErlyRisa

Excerpt of the CPU's thoughts in the 70's

Bag of Meat, born ,12.8.78:14.27

Bag of meat, Incubator 28yrs old, profile; base, file 12543-b42. External profile; base, file 5334855-xcf4557. (Typical inner city western response system, ability to adapt to environmental change 40%, molars will be crooked at 76 ...etc you get the idea)

Bag of Meat, Sperm donor 20yrs old, profile, base ---bla blah blah

Decision: Apply file 9994004-babyAboomer.Xhippy,violent at 17.

Place amongst group 475593-wee-wee toddler symbios - 67 - group rate is %34 of average evolvablilty, Journalistic utliisation 89% of population. Usage as hope vector - 16% probablity.

Reccomendation, Apply as comedic hope vector, apply suicidle(pun intended) tendancies, perform ritual act in public, re-apply as ne religion. Journos continue eating frozen peas.

The CPU intiself has chosen the Journos as its GOD...if it don't do as the Journos say then it ceases the NEED TO HAVE EVER BEEN ENVISAGED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Take that too logic camp.

Are we starting too understand Mr Orwell? --> Fricken F.Book.

Edited by ErlyRisa

Evidence?

"The entire history of Man has been the desire to leave behind his animal body in the jungle, thereby living forever." is a pretty damn big bold claim.  All one needs to refute such a claim is to provide evidence of one human that does not wish to leave behind his animal body in the jungle.  I offer myself as such evidence, as I do not, nor have I ever lived in the jungle.  Neither 9Conflicted9 nor ErlyRisa have bothered to offer any supporting evidence that the act of leaving behind one's animal body in the jungle would allow someone to live forever.  Even if I were to be charitable and allow that both authors were attempting to be poetic beyond their capabilities, their broad generalization of the motivation of every single past and present living human being is not only unfounded, but laughable.

This is a science forum, not a repository for bad stream-of-consciousness nonsense.  Claims made in this forum are supposed to be defensible.  If you cannot defend your claim, then you shouldn't be making it.  ErlyRisa and 9Conflicted9, please provide evidence for the claims you have made in this thread or stop spewing your nonsense.

Edited by JMJones0424

Take it easy Rock man.

Don't confuse a desire for accuracy and demand for evidence with an emotional reaction. I am not excited.

The opening sentence is just not worded in YOUR vernacular.

This is a science forum. The vernacular of a science forum involves precision and requires evidential or logical support for assertions. Challenging assertions that are not so supported, or that imprecise is also part of a science forum vernacular. 9conflicted9 is on a science forum. It would be best if (s)he used the language of science.

Yes the statement his strong, and evocative...but it is correct (however succinct).

I have no issue with strong, or evocative. I believe his statement to be incorrect. It is up to 9conflicted9 to defend that position with evidence, or logical argument.

Man(Hu) HAS been trying to live forever (for some strange reason). Alot of people justify their last moments in life in the manner that, at least I contributed this or that, which is their method of justifying perpetuity. These people I call the ones trying to cover all bases, they do-not believe in an after life, and feel as though they need too make it so that a legacy of themselves exists (positive or negative).

You need to demonstrate, not via personal anecdote, that this desire for immortality is close to universal in humans. That is the assertion made by 9conflicted9. That is the assertion you claim is correct. That is the assertion you need to defend with sound studies reported in peer reviewed journals. Otherwise your position is trivially dismissed as mere opinion.

Erly Risa, I have been interacting with you on more than one thread recently. I try very hard never to moderate on a thread I am engaged in. If I was not participating here I would now be issuing your with some strongly worded advice to stop with the childish writing style you have adopted. It lacks clarity. It is annoying. It is impolite. I don't expect you to respond to this suggestion - you are too wrapped up in a complacent smugness for that. But I owe it to other forum members to try.