Science Forums

The Undiscovered Country - America And Gun Law

paigetheoracle

This current problem of unregulated issuing of guns in America is really about 'community' i.e. trust, tolerance and patience. Think of Tokyo and the proximity of millions of people. It's also about the future because where there is room for progress, there is no room for despair. Where there is only stagnation, hatred grows. Love persists (advances / stays present) - hate gives up (dissolves into apathy / withdraws from life and turns to violence, in order to destroy all links to hope (life)). This is why welfare reform is essential to peace, progress and the disarming of the violent.

Those who are frightened of the world , try to control it i.e. beat it into submission / force it to conform to their will. Those who are not afraid of change, foster the individual's freedom to explore, discover and create a new world around them. This is why a Sikh was killed after 9/11 because a calm person would question their own judgement, not react to their own fears (suppress by word or deed, what it saw as its enemy, externally, instead of look within for its own failed judgment as the real enemy).

We must not forget that gun makers have a vested interest in promoting paranoia as it sells more guns.

prejudicetees

If the world is not interested in me, I am not going to be interested in the world and vice-versa. In other words the problems is not guns but attitude. If you're depressed as an individual or country, you are not going to have insight; you are not going to be as mentally developed as someone with a higher interest in life. High morale, leads to high insight and high interest in the outside world. Low morale leaves you suicidal as an individual or nation i.e. more likely to turn to destruction than construction (discovery, invention, creative activity). It's not rocket science or maybe to you it is?