Science Forums

Exploratory Research Mechanism - Analysis

Guest Aemilius

Better watch out though CraigD.... if DFINITLYDSTRUBD gets wind of this he'll be coming for you man! You see, he already settled it for everyone.... "vectors are only intended to function as a visual aid to be used in conjunction with proper mathematical representation." As if that wasn't bad enough, just you wait until he gets ahold of your "model airplane shadow paper cut-out balancing technique"! I think Turtle will be alright with it though (it's like a see-saw).

No, I've read his post.

1. What you seem to have missed is that he has agreed that there is a need for mathematical representation in both threads now.

2. If this were his project and he received numerous requests to provide mathematical representation, he would not proceed to attack the persons asking or refuse provide it.

How can I be so sure? I know his track record and he has a long history of being as helpful as he can here. If not for that track record he would not have attained the position of Administrator.

Guest Aemilius

DFINITLYDISTRUBD "For your benefit:

calculate

vb 1. (Mathematics) to solve (one or more problems) by a mathematical procedure; compute. To perform a mathematical process.

1. To determine by mathematics, especially (not exclusively) by numerical methods:cal·cu·la·tion

n.1.a. The act, process, or result of calculating.

1. (Mathematics) the act, process, or result of calculating"

For your benefit.... Vectors are specific mathematical structures that have numerous applications resulting from their ability to simultaneously represent both magnitude of force and direction of force.... and they can be used to calculate.

Different mathematical procedures that have exactly the same solutions must be equivalent calculations.

Edited by Aemilius

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aemilius

Timing.... the stage of the analysis that illustrates the variable timing function of the adjustable Cam and Standing Lever. The diagram below shows the Cam that's located directly behind the Sun Sprocket. It's fixed to the Chassis and rotates with it. The Standing Lever (visible in the videos as a second lever moving back and forth in front of the Control Lever) and the corresponding position of the Cam that's moving it are depicted to the left....

The Planet Sprocket with its attached Pendulum, the Chassis and the Sun Sprocket are all free to rotate in the following schematic diagrams, presented as an animation....

By linking the Standing Lever to the Control Lever the mechanism's position can be synchronized with the position of the Control Lever at all points around 360 degrees.... that's what I'm working on now.

Edited by Aemilius