Science Forums

Society

pljames

Regardless how society started it is necessary. I have been a hermit all my life. Everything I've been taught came form society as a whole. One cannot live within a vacuum. There is no, pick one up by their shoestrings. Some where there are books people that have always contributed some how to all society. We come in this world by people and go out the same proving we all need each other to survive in this hostile world we created. Society will overcome those who claim to destroy all of life. It's society's nature to do so. The individual will always need society one way or another, they cannot live without them. Thoughts please? pljames

Regardless how society started it is necessary. I have been a hermit all my life. Everything I've been taught came form society as a whole. One cannot live within a vacuum. There is no, pick one up by their shoestrings. Some where there are books people that have always contributed some how to all society. We come in this world by people and go out the same proving we all need each other to survive in this hostile world we created. Society will overcome those who claim to destroy all of life. It's society's nature to do so. The individual will always need society one way or another, they cannot live without them. Thoughts please? pljames

It's hard to disagree with what you just said considering the alternative is living like any other naked animal in the bush thinking about finding the next meal. I for one would rather die than live like that.:blink:

arKane,

How many naked animals do you know doing that? What if the naked animal was a man/women and took a brick and broke the clothing store window stole some clothes and a twinkie before the police arrived. Then they would have clothes and food and a warm bed even if they got caught. pljames

It's hard to disagree with what you just said considering the alternative is living like any other naked animal in the bush thinking about finding the next meal. I for one would rather die than live like that.:blink:

arKane,

How many naked animals do you know doing that? What if the naked animal was a man/women and took a brick and broke the clothing store window stole some clothes and a twinkie before the police arrived. Then they would have clothes and food and a warm bed even if they got caught. pljames

Well I was sort of thinking of how things would have been had humans not been the social animals we are. Just being smart is not enough if you can't get along in a society. Our entire way of life with nice homes fully stocked with creature comforts just never would have been developed without a society. I realize humans may have lived the naked in the bush lives in our very primitive past. But from my current point of view, I just couldn't do it. Even living in a prison would be better than that.

Funny you sould say that arKane, I often think if I ever did something wrong, like involuntary manslaughter and had to go to prison I would do whatever was needed to get myself into solitary confinment. I purposely bought my house in a very rural area. My neighbors are at least 3 acres away. I rarely have contact with them and that's the way I like it. I could never live in a development.

I get the "Discover" magazine delivered to my home. This month there is a story about how humans use cooperation even in this dog-eat-dog world. How they continue to collaborate and work together in a seemingly evolutionary paradox against the Darwinian theory. The article lables it as instinctual with everything from single cells that formed to create higher organisms to the construction of human cities and intricate communal nests created by ants,

Yes pljames we will always need society to some extent, but as people become more isolated from the public due to their computers, and other stay at home ways to live, the public may not be too willing to help you out the way it used to.

Funny you should say that arKane, I often think if I ever did something wrong, like involuntary manslaughter and had to go to prison I would do whatever was needed to get myself into solitary confinement. I purposely bought my house in a very rural area. My neighbors are at least 3 acres away. I rarely have contact with them and that's the way I like it. I could never live in a development.

I get the "Discover" magazine delivered to my home. This month there is a story about how humans use cooperation even in this dog-eat-dog world. How they continue to collaborate and work together in a seemingly evolutionary paradox against the Darwinian theory. The article labels it as instinctual with everything from single cells that formed to create higher organisms to the construction of human cities and intricate communal nests created by ants,

Yes pljames we will always need society to some extent, but as people become more isolated from the public due to their computers, and other stay at home ways to live, the public may not be too willing to help you out the way it used to.

It's nice to know our technology is good enough to let us solitary types be sociable.:coffee_n_pc: