Science Forums

What should I study?

Lord Henry Wotton

I am currently just entering my last year of high school. In 2004 I will be going to University to study some form of science. I always wanted to do medicine, but as I have grown in my thought processes have discovered that I am far too abstract and impractical to do medicine. My strongest and favourite fields of science are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. I'm very interested in cryptography, hyperspace, complex numbers and quantum encryption.

Can some people please help me in deciding what I am to study???

One other detail is that the university I want to attend offers full fee science scholarships to students who get an OP of 1 (top 2%). With this I can complete a Bachelor Degree with honours in 3 years and then a PHD.

Thank You

If you like Quantum Computation and related things, I would not suggest Chemistry, because you will need detailed studies of physics and math in such a way you probably will not have in a Chemistry course.

You can chose math, but you´ll need to be aware that what you will learn about physics is not too much during the graduation. If you want to study natural phenomena and quantum mechanics, I would suggest physics. But I must warn you that I´m being partial...