Science Forums

Greetings

Chris H

Hello Everyone,

I've been reading through bits of your site for a few weeks now, thought it good manners to register. I'm a 41 year old firefighter from England, always been interested in science, I like to understand things in general. Whilst I find I can follow scientific topics and understand them, sometimes I feel like I don't actually understand them, I can follow the logic but I don't get that click in my noggin that lets me know I've got it. So, here I am, thanks for having me.

Hello Chris H, and welcome to the forum. There is plenty of science behind fire behavior as I recall from my volunteer fire-fighting days. We live in the urban interface of the southwestern Yukon and forest fires are an ever present danger for much of the year. Are you a structural fire-fighter then?

http://www.community.gov.yk.ca/firemanagement/protect.html

I agree with under the rose. And that there seems to be plenty of fire science with your job. And I welcome you as well. I am fairly new here. Read a few things seems like a good place. See ya around.

Edited by CopperTop

Hi Under the Rose and CopperTop, thanks for the welcome.

Yes I've studied fire behaviour and the associated science, I've worked for a Metropolitan Fire Service for 21 years, mainly an urban environment so forest fires are few and far between. I'm interested in most things science related, hope to learn more here!