Science Forums

Which system will likely to become next winner in next-gen combat

I haven't been to E3 (I think you have to be in the industry to even get in), but I have been watching the events unfold on G4 TV. I believe that the Play Station 3 will win this year's console wars. It is going to have the best graphics and possibly the best games. The XBOX 360 is like owning a dedicater server, and it's dedicated to playing games only made by Microsoft™, no thanks, I'd rather just a have a regular PC. The Revolution might be a close second, in my mind, because of it's ability to use *all* prior games Nintendo™ has ever made. That's the ultimate in backwards compatability right there.

Well there's my opinion :).

I haven't been to E3 (I think you have to be in the industry to even get in), but I have been watching the events unfold on G4 TV. I believe that the Play Station 3 will win this year's console wars. It is going to have the best graphics and possibly the best games. The XBOX 360 is like owning a dedicater server, and it's dedicated to playing games only made by Microsoft™, no thanks, I'd rather just a have a regular PC. The Revolution might be a close second, in my mind, because of it's ability to use *all* prior games Nintendo™ has ever made. That's the ultimate in backwards compatability right there.

Well there's my opinion :).

Does Xbox360 have backward compatibility? And also that it will likely to be out this year, right?

Do you think FF7 will be remade to PS3? If so, will that be a franchise hit in gaming history?

Will you buy PS3? And will it cost under 500 dollars?

Xbox 360 only has backward compatability for a few of its games, the biggest. The Playstation 3 will be the biggest hit - it will have the best games, and when it comes down to it, nothing else matters. If Playstation 3 came out with terrible games, it wouldn't matter what the specs were like. Nintendo will not do well unless they really target an older audience. Nintendo was big in the old consoles with arcade-like games, that appealed to people of all ages, but now the buying power is with people in the 16-28 age group, and Nintendo's games don't tend to appeal to them as much. Xbox will have the advantage of all of Microsoft's money, and I think that it will be a strong contender against the PS3, but in the end, Sony will win.

Xbox 360 only has backward compatability for a few of its games, the biggest. The Playstation 3 will be the biggest hit - it will have the best games, and when it comes down to it, nothing else matters. If Playstation 3 came out with terrible games, it wouldn't matter what the specs were like. Nintendo will not do well unless they really target an older audience. Nintendo was big in the old consoles with arcade-like games, that appealed to people of all ages, but now the buying power is with people in the 16-28 age group, and Nintendo's games don't tend to appeal to them as much. Xbox will have the advantage of all of Microsoft's money, and I think that it will be a strong contender against the PS3, but in the end, Sony will win.

Are you saying Gamecube games which ere bought mostly by people of age between 16 to 28?

I think the games their tastes are more likely for 10 to 16. I can't stand Nintendo because they are constantly producing games that their taste are so kiddish. PS2 is a winner. I just bought an US verions PS2 recently. I had Japanese PS2 already.

Does Xbox360 have backward compatibility? And also that it will likely to be out this year, right?

Do you think FF7 will be remade to PS3? If so, will that be a franchise hit in gaming history?

Will you buy PS3? And will it cost under 500 dollars?

-Yes, the 360 does have backwards compatability.

-It's coming out this Winter, or Holiday season, in North America, Europe, and Japan.

-

There are no release dates for any of these games, and many of them have no official name, but here's a list of the games that were shown during Sony's Press Event for the PlayStation 3. It's also entirely possible that some of these games won't ever be released, so take this list with a grain of salt.

Confirmed Titles

Fight Night Round 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Devil May Cry 4

Tekken

Unnamed Formula 1 Game

Killzone 2

Ni-Oh

5th Phantom Saga

Heavenly Sword

Killing Day

Motor Storm

Mobile Suit Gundam

Final Fantasy XII

EyeDentity

Warhawk

Un-confirmed Titles

These were shown, but aren't necessarily being developed. Some of these didn't have a title shown, but appear to be from an existing franchise.

Vision of Gran Turismo

Final Fantasy 7 ("If so, will that be a franchise hit in gaming history?"--It definitely would be, that game was a great work of art, entertainment, and a huge milestone. It's the only Final Fantasy (besides Tactics) that kept me interested enough to actually finish it. :D)

Dynasty Warriors?

Red Dead Revolver?

-Yes, I'm definitely going to buy it, not sure when, but it will be mine :).

-Chances are slim, it will probably be around 500$ though.

Go here for more information.

-Yes, the 360 does have backwards compatability.

-It's coming out this Winter, or Holiday season, in North America, Europe, and Japan.

-

-Yes, I'm definitely going to buy it, not sure when, but it will be mine :).

-Chances are slim, it will probably be around 500$ though.

Go here for more information.

If Final Fantasy 7 won't be made as a game of PS3, I will be very disappointed. I think this should be a remade one. Look at Resident Evil 1, it was remade, so why not FF7.

It all depends on where the money is for corporations like these. If enough people are willing to buy it, it will be made.

Suggestion- Start a petition on the net and get as many names as possible on it (for people who want Final Fantasy VII for Play Station 3 and are willing to buy it) and then send the company the list, showing the support people have for the game. I'd gladly put my name on it. That was *the* best game, and not because of the actual gameplay, but because of the story behind it.

It all depends on where the money is for corporations like these. If enough people are willing to buy it, it will be made.

Suggestion- Start a petition on the net and get as many names as possible on it (for people who want Final Fantasy VII for Play Station 3 and are willing to buy it) and then send the company the list, showing the support people have for the game. I'd gladly put my name on it. That was *the* best game, and not because of the actual gameplay, but because of the story behind it.

Well, are you going to their net

PS3!

most of my reasons are listed under the cell architecture thread, they will be deploying cell processors, it will have a hard drive, and they will port linux to PS3. (p.s. here are the released specs for PS3: http://www.webnweb.com/vgames/html/playstation_3_specs.html)

as to the rest of my reasoning behind 360 vs PS:

ok, there's no real super improvement in 360, yeah they took out that 733 celeron, but look at what they are putting into the box again? yes, inefficient x86 processor, although they are using decent graphics card from ATI, still, all that rendering adds to processor load as well, so games, while they will look nicer, will still look like games...

on the other hand, PS3, it will be up and over 3 times faster(overall system performance is double on PS3(2Tflops) , although you cant compare the efficiency of an x86 processor with its caches and such, to an optimized vector processor cell, which there will be 4 in PS3, better Nvidia graphics module, movie-like graphics rendering... The thing is, all the previews of games for PS3 are basically written for PS2 hardware, as the console is not yet completely finished. GT4 is looking awesome, and the sad thing is that all those screenshots are of that game running at its minimal graphics performance, it wont be until PS3 is completely released that the gaming industry will be able to use its maximum capabilities...

Are you fuxxing going to their net to tell them to make FF7 to go on?

It was not on my to-do-list :naughty:. I have the original game and am able to play it whenever I feel the urge ;). It was not a high priority to me to beg for them to make it for the PlayStation 3, especially when the game is already on the "possible" new games list. :hihi:

PS3!

most of my reasons are listed under the cell architecture thread, they will be deploying cell processors, it will have a hard drive, and they will port linux to PS3. (p.s. here are the released specs for PS3: http://www.webnweb.com/vgames/html/playstation_3_specs.html)

as to the rest of my reasoning behind 360 vs PS:

ok, there's no real super improvement in 360, yeah they took out that 733 celeron, but look at what they are putting into the box again? yes, inefficient x86 processor, although they are using decent graphics card from ATI, still, all that rendering adds to processor load as well, so games, while they will look nicer, will still look like games...

on the other hand, PS3, it will be up and over 3 times faster(overall system performance is double on PS3(2Tflops) , although you cant compare the efficiency of an x86 processor with its caches and such, to an optimized vector processor cell, which there will be 4 in PS3, better Nvidia graphics module, movie-like graphics rendering... The thing is, all the previews of games for PS3 are basically written for PS2 hardware, as the console is not yet completely finished. GT4 is looking awesome, and the sad thing is that all those screenshots are of that game running at its minimal graphics performance, it wont be until PS3 is completely released that the gaming industry will be able to use its maximum capabilities...

:hihi:... Oooooo, ahhhhh. I shall now bask in the glory that is PlayStation 3, as it is *far* superior to any junk Microsoft may be trying to push on us in the future. :naughty:

As far as I know, there are no plans for a remake of Final Fantasy VII. The only confirmed releases of FF7 like media is: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (For more information, go to http://www.ff7ac.net), Final Fantasy Final Crisis (Mobile Phone game), and a second mobile phone game which I have not payed any attention to. There has been rumors spreading about a remade copy of FF7 for PS2, and then PS3 which comes with the FF7:AC DVD. But it is a rumor, and the only thing Square Enix might consider is copying the original game to a DVD or Blue Ray disk and throw in a couple extra bits, like they did with Final Fantasy Origins, Final Fantasy Anthology, and Final Fantasy Chronicles. :naughty: The future will tell what Square decides to do though.