Science Forums

DVD problem

First of all, I must apologize for abusing this space to ask about petty problems. But anyway, it might even attract more people to come to this forum. And yes, members who help will increase their post count. :)

I have questions on some issues concerning DVD players in the US. If I record a video in Malaysia in PAL and later burn it to DVD, would it be viewable on DVD players in the US? Or do I have to change it to NTSC first? What other issues might crop up or need to be considered in producing DVD videos. What software would be best to use in creatind DVD videos? I am using Pinnacle Studio 9 for this purpose.

I dearly hope some of you can help me out here. Thanks.

First of all, I must apologize for abusing this space to ask about petty problems. But anyway, it might even attract more people to come to this forum. And yes, members who help will increase their post count. :)

I have questions on some issues concerning DVD players in the US. If I record a video in Malaysia in PAL and later burn it to DVD, would it be viewable on DVD players in the US? Or do I have to change it to NTSC first? What other issues might crop up or need to be considered in producing DVD videos. What software would be best to use in creatind DVD videos? I am using Pinnacle Studio 9 for this purpose.

I dearly hope some of you can help me out here. Thanks.

You will defintely need to convert it to NTSC first or viewers here will have to use a converter to see it. Perhaps someone else will have answers for your other questions.

I must apologize for abusing this space to ask about petty problems.

yet questions are the reason we are here, tinny :)

If I record a video in Malaysia in PAL and later burn it to DVD, would it be viewable on DVD players in the US?

as C1ay said, no, most DVD players in US do not support pal at all...

Or do I have to change it to NTSC first?

Yes, that is exactly what you have to do.

What other issues might crop up or need to be considered in producing DVD videos.

basically formatting(i'd recommend switching to widescreen), resolution(i've seen some conversions with really awful quality, because people did not have the patience of converting the movie in the highest res possible, it will take time), aah, make sure that menus work, if you have menus in the dvd.

What software would be best to use in creatind DVD videos?

this really depends on what platform you use, for windows i would use nothing else but Adobe Premiere Pro, but in linux, well, just follow the link: http://users.dslextreme.com/~craig.lawson/linux_notes/video.html