Science Forums

Chance and evolution

eMTee

eMTee: Explain this true story to me...and how it could have happened totaly naturaly.

Simple. It's not true.

I saw a 'pastor' (or whatever) on TV talking about his missionary mission in Africa, and while he was preaching a fierce storm started approaching. He held his arms up into the air and commanded that the storm not disrupt the service, and, lo and behold, the storm split in two and went around their service. PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!

It's a lie. People who believe this kind of crud are gullible beyond imagination.

Your “biochemical” view of the cell, which would preclude evolution, is wrong...I win. You lose. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time....I’ll won’t respond point for point to your ‘counter’ since it amounts to little more than you refusing to accept defeat...Don’t going acting like a little brat again and try to stuff YOUR ridiculous, asinine statements into MY mouth in order to try to make me long wrong. How old are you? 10? Grow up...I win. You lose. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time.

This childishness is so inappropriate. You have the honor of being the only guy on the site I am blocking.

I suggest that others do the same..

If you do not consider geoligy and the Bible's historical stories that it claims to be true coinsideng with each other, how then can I prove the Bible's honesty..as you are aware by now..I'm not an expert in the sciences as what you are..and if you do not consider the extreme complexity of the universe, and how everything fits so well in their vital places..how then will you see?

If you do not consider geoligy and the Bible's historical stories that it claims to be true coinsideng with each other, how then can I prove the Bible's honesty..as you are aware by now..I'm not an expert in the sciences as what you are..and if you do not consider the extreme complexity of the universe, and how everything fits so well in their vital places..how then will you see?

Why would I consider a bunch of unsubstantiated stories as evidence? Nature does not need a god to be complex. Try and prove what nature could not have done.

Explain this true story to me...and how it could have happened totaly naturaly. Note: it is shortened and not word for word.

A man and two friends where driving up a mountian in a remote area, in the middle of the wilderness, suddenly their breaks go out, no more breaks, they come to a stop and get out of the truck..luckly one of them is a mechanic who looks under the vehical and notices that the breaks are most definately out..they are stranded with nothing and nowhere close. These people then pray to God for help, after praying, they decide to walk down the road.

After a while they run into a truck hidden in brush (obvousle abandoned) at the side of the road. This abandoned truck they discover is exactly the same truck as they where traveling in...same make model and year..they where so excited because this was most definately the Lord's work, so they get under the truck to take out the breaks, and much to their dismay, discover that this truck has absolutly no breake, so they go looking around inside the truck, to see what they might find, and in the bed of the truck they find a whole brand new set of breaks not even out of the box, and where able to replace them onto the truch they where traveling in, and go on.

And say that there in no higher power than science.

Simple. It's not true.

Say that to his face.

There are a ton of "preachers" on TV that are not christians...and a lot of them don't even preach the Bible in context. But I asure you..this guy is not like them.

Sorry..it's your lack of science that makes you blind..not your knowlege of science that makes you see.

that is such a ridiculous story. even if that story was real, it doesn't prove god did anything.

Say that to his face.
i would if god was a male (who also existed for that matter)so i could refer to the head that belongs to god "his face". and i would say whatever i felt like. no body should be scared of that legends mumbo jumbo about hell and fear if you are morally bad.

whaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaa

eMTee: Explain this true story to me...and how it could have happened totaly naturaly. Note: it is shortened and not word for word.

A man and two friends where driving up a mountian in a remote area, in the middle of the wilderness, suddenly their breaks go out, no more breaks, they come to a stop and get out of the truck..luckly one of them is a mechanic who looks under the vehical and notices that the breaks are most definately out..they are stranded with nothing and nowhere close. These people then pray to God for help, after praying, they decide to walk down the road.

After a while they run into a truck hidden in brush (obvousle abandoned) at the side of the road. This abandoned truck they discover is exactly the same truck as they where traveling in...same make model and year..they where so excited because this was most definately the Lord's work, so they get under the truck to take out the breaks, and much to their dismay, discover that this truck has absolutly no breake, so they go looking around inside the truck, to see what they might find, and in the bed of the truck they find a whole brand new set of breaks not even out of the box, and where able to replace them onto the truch they where traveling in, and go on.

And say that there in no higher power than science.

TeleMad: Simple. It's not true.

eMTee: Say that to his face.

Okay. Is he listening now? ... IT'S NOT TRUE!

What's he going to do, anyway, beat me up!

Or maybe have God smite me!!!

eMTee: There are a ton of "preachers" on TV that are not christians...and a lot of them don't even preach the Bible in context. But I asure you..this guy is not like them.

So how did he prove to you that this actually happened?

And even if "this guy" is you, how will you prove to us that it actually happened?

It's hearsay. It's worthless as far as demonstating that a "higher power" exists.

So how did he prove to you that this actually happened?

And even if "this guy" is you, how will you prove to us that it actually happened?

It's hearsay. It's worthless.

I agree with you..it would probably be useless...you have no desire to know. I guess the Bible IS correct.

eMTee: Im talking about the man who told his story..not God.

Yeah, so? You make it sound like I should be afraid to say it to this guy's face. Why? Is he going to beat me up for exposing his lie? Or is he going to have God smite me?

If the first, he'd end up in jail for assault, and besides, there aren't too many people I'm afraid of physically.

If the second, go ahead, have the Biblical God smite me. I DARE YOU!!!

Im talking about the man who told his story..not God.

Huh? What man? There is no man that told his story. Even if there were, it would not be so just because someone said so. Would it be proof enough for you that leprechauns exist just because I said so?

It's sad that eMTee has managed to completely sidetrack this thread. Even after I told him that this thread was about CHANCE AND EVOLUTION, and that if he wanted to post Creationist stuff he should post it in a different thread.

But he is doing the Lord's work. Trying to show all of us evilutionists "the light"!

Here is a simple story for yall..true story.

this family had hardly any food one day, they didnt want to tell anyone because that wasnt the most populer thing to be...it would be downgrading..they prayed that they might get somthing...at work that day somone just gave him a beef..he was coming home to show the family, he saw that his wife was also given a big bunch of grocries from the nieghbors..after dinner he was so glad, and asked the kids now what do you want for desert..the kids sayed chocolate chip cookies....and all the sudden a knock at the door, and it was a neighbor with a big plate of the cookies.

Now that can eather be a lie or a totaly natural thing....but I know he wasnt lying, and i know he didnt set it all up.

amazing story. i really wish that would happen to me right now, i'm hella hungry...i could go for a pizza- oh hey a knock!! who is it?? THE PIZZA GUY!!! FOR FREE??!!?! OHHHH IRONIC!! hey that just happened to me too Emtee :note: :note: