Science Forums

Reflex game dev. software?

Hi guys, i have a couple of reflex training game ideas I wanted to develope.

Is there freeware or low priced shareware that i can use to develope these ideas.

essentially 2 dimensional point and shoot type game creation software.....that requires zero programing skills.....

any help or comments would be appreciated....thanks in advance

It all depends on where you would want to go with this, but pulling it off will require some learning no matter the way you go.

You can use Flash do create this game, this would be perhaps the least of the programming solutions that i can think of, still requires learning flash, and knowing some commands, some.

Second one is a little harder, but its not that bad, and it would be using Dark Basic Pro to do this (assumung you dont want it to be an online game) (an extremely easy language to learn, and very popular between beginner game developers, and you can actually make a 3d shooter of you wanted to, compile it and distribute the executables...)

the problem is that most of the 2d developement kits are more for the console-like games (final fantasy 1-2 -like) I'll ask around and take a look, see what i can come up with...