Science Forums

Sigma 5 But Not Here!

phision

WHY?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What's the reason for lack of sciece threads?

• No-one cares about science!
    • People care more about other threads.
    • People are going else where for science.
    • Admin. have dropped the ball.
    • Admin. have taken the fun out of science threads.
  2. 2. How do we fix this?

• Let Admin. fix it?
    • Take responsibility for it ourselves.
    • Go else where for science.
    • Add answer in a post to this thread!

They(you know who!) have discovered the Higg's Boson and yet there is no sign of it, on this site!

It alarms me, that no-one on this science forum has any interest in this, given the amount of posts I've had to endure offering to stream video and sell stuff!

Has Admin. dropped the ball here?

As the current admin-in-chief here, I accept blame for not pushing to keep our little science site as enjoyable as it could be. I’ve not just dropped the ball, I’d say, but changed the sport from one where it’s carried (eg: American football) to one where it’s kicked along the ground (eg: the rest of the world’s football). :(

The main difficulty is that I and other admins and moderators support hypography as a part-time, unpaid job, so must divide out time between it and, in my case at least, time-demanding full-time, paid ones.

As for science news thread, we’ve always depended on members, not mods and admins, to post them, so the solution to their shortage is for some members to start them. Although years ago we restricted posting science stories to specially-privileged “editor” members, we now allow any member to start them – so have at it! :)

On the Higgs boson story, I think we discussed it pretty thoroughly years ago, so, speaking for myself, are less excited by the announcement than folk who haven’t. We really should resume those old threads, though, or start new ones, so as to not be left out of all of the excitement of the day. :)

They(you know who!) have discovered the Higg's Boson and yet there is no sign of it, on this site!

It alarms me, that no-one on this science forum has any interest in this, given the amount of posts I've had to endure offering to stream video and sell stuff!

Let me guess, this isn't the only science forum you post on. If so that's good, some of the great posters I've met, post on 3 or 4 science forums if they have the time. Each science forum has it's own mix of good and weak points, based on the current active membership and administrators. Anyway my point being, if you don't see a topic you want to talk about feel free to open the topic, or go check out another forum. This forum might have a small group of active posters, but their posts are usually worth waiting for.

Let me guess, this isn't the only science forum you post on.

Keep guessing that will move science discussions forward.:o

Anyway my point being, if you don't see a topic you want to talk about feel free to open the topic,

I did, thank you for posting in it.:rolleyes:

...or go check out another forum. This forum might have a small group of active posters, but their posts are usually worth waiting for.

No I'll wait, for the posts here are worth waiting for.

Edited by phision

They (you know who!) ''may'' have found the Higgs Boson. I can't get too excited over it yet until further repeated tests. Even John Ellis is keeping an open mind what they found is not actually a Higgs Boson.