Science Forums

AIDS Medications

Does anyone know anything about different drugs used to drink AIDS. We had a presentation at my school today about a new drug called Fuzeon, and it was facinating how it works. Now I'm curious, does anyone know any information or where I could find some?

___I have this; a factory that is across the Columbia River from me about 5 miles distant blew up this week & they mix chemicals for AIDS drugs. They determined it was an over-pressurized mixing vessel that exploded.

___It's possible that until they get back in production (if they do) AIDS drugs production may fall. :friday:

Here are the details of the drug Fuzeon (Enfuvirtide)

http://www.fuzeon.com/common/fpi.pdf

Other drugs used to control HIV and AIDS you can find on this site, with links to the manufacturers:

http://www.coreynahman.com/antiHIVdrugdatabase61499.html

Most of the drugs are protease-inhibitors and reverse transcriptase inhibitors, and thus works on cells that are infected. The interesting thing with Fuzeon, is that it is a fusion inhibitor that binds to the glycoproteins on the viral envelope and inhibits the fusion of the viral envelope and cellular membranes. It hinders the viral particles from infecting the cells.

The proper handling of a lethal disease spread by anal intercourse and needle-sharing is to render it as lethal as possible as fast as possible. Public health viciously quarantined threats to life to contain them and end them. AIDS was the first lethal disease political advocacy of queers. The result has been a $trillion in losses worldwide, and accelerating! They have their rights and we must pay for them.

When personal responsibility is replaced by a "safety net," nobody need have any cares at all - except the working stiffs who are taxed to pay for it all. Of course, those who pay for it all are ineligible for any of it. Fair is fair.

The flu can be spread via "anal intercourse and needle-sharing" as well, should we not find a cure for that too?

Over 50 million chickens, ducks and turkeys were slaughtered and their bodies burned in ten countries to contain an epidemic of avian influenza that swept "almost uncontrollably" through Asia. If you want to stop HIV/AIDS, you now know what worked for influenza.

• 5 weeks later...
The proper handling of a lethal disease spread by anal intercourse and needle-sharing is to render it as lethal as possible as fast as possible. Public health viciously quarantined threats to life to contain them and end them. AIDS was the first lethal disease political advocacy of queers. The result has been a $trillion in losses worldwide, and accelerating! They have their rights and we must pay for them.

When personal responsibility is replaced by a "safety net," nobody need have any cares at all - except the working stiffs who are taxed to pay for it all. Of course, those who pay for it all are ineligible for any of it. Fair is fair.

Biggot? I think so.

Biggot? I think so.

YOU pay for AIDS everything out of your own pocket. Government cannot award people what it first has not stolen from them. What one man receives without effort is confiscated from another who labors. The money Uncle Al earns belongs to Uncle Al and his family, not to a government stooge who takes a cut and dumps the rest on slum bunnies for squirting out babies.

The difference betwen Liberals and racists is that racists do not demand government rape its citizens' wallets to finance their personal obsessions. Project Head Start costs $6.7 billion/year. It has been feasting on the public treasury for 40 years, providing unlimited daycare and nutrition for bastard baby slum bunnies so their whore mothers won't be impeded in squirting out more. What is the Official result, the propagandistic swill eructated by the Department of Education?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/06/10/head.start.ap/index.html

"but the program doesn't help them catch up in math or their ability to comprehend what people say to them." It's a $6.7 billion/year success! The National Science Foundation's 2006 budget - the cost of all physical science in the US - is $5.605 billion,

http://www.nsf.gov/about/budget/fy2006/

People like you are shitting away the wealth of the richest nation on Earth in a million different compassionate and diverse ways. Yeah, Uncle Al is biggoted. If you want if for yourself, work for it or do without.

The money Uncle Al earns belongs to Uncle Al and his family, not to a government stooge who takes a cut and dumps the rest on slum bunnies for squirting out babies.

I wonder what affect this has on natural selection. The fact that the less educated and less able people are given a better environment to multiply in and the educated able bodied citizens need to use birth control so that they don't end up going in debt because they have too many kids to take care of.

People like you are shitting away the wealth of the richest nation on Earth in a million different compassionate and diverse ways. Yeah, Uncle Al is biggoted. If you want if for yourself, work for it or do without.

interesting statement, given that you do not know me what so ever. Unlike you I have not spewed my personae out on an internet forum. Regardless you are welcome to your beliefs, be they wholy selfish. Tell me, have you ever needed aid from another, or were you born into a perfect paradigm of education, intelligence and social/finical wellbeing? Or are you one of those people who had to claw and bite thier way through life and are now bitter because of it?

I dont mind paying taxes, even if it is disproportional. Why? Because I know that someday I COULD NEED HELP. Are the funds spent as they should be? No, I dont believe so. is that the fault of the "needy"? I dont believe so.

What about you? What will happen when YOU NEED AID? Will you just put a bullet to the brain if/when that day comes? Is your pride worth more than your life? If a natural disaster were to rip your home asunder should I scoff at your situation? should I refuse to care for you as s fellow human being? according to your selfrightous rant; yes. :rant:

regardless, thankyou for the misaimed attack on character. Bravo. You have proven to me that even the intellegent can be quite stupid.

jCc