Science Forums

Chemistry Visulization Software

MarcelloTruzzi

Hello,

I found these visualization tools. Does anyone use them or use something better? vida

arguslab

molekel

Accelrys Discovery Studio Visualizer

STM4

DeepView

I guess what I would like is chemistry/atomistic visualization software. Something to show a representation of a hydrogen atom and the bonds with other elements such as oxygen. Maybe even simulate those bonds under different heat/pressure/magnetic/electronic conditions. Or even hydrogen under different isotypes. Also like the ability to show a say 100 atom crystal so I can visualize the structure and how it might interact with other structures, elements or bonds. Are there any out there that can note decay and alpha beta particles? Anyone use or recommend these: GDIS TINKER Accelrys . Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

You can do most of those things with Avogadro, which is free and very straightforward to use. I am not sure about the "simulating those bonds under different heat/pressure", I don't fully understand what you would want to simulate. Unsure about the decay and alpha particles.

For electronics, you can use GAMESS to calculate the orbital properties using whatever models/parameters you choose, and then import it into VMD to visualize.

For proteins, use PyMol or Chimera.

All of these programs are free online.