Science Forums

President George W. Bush

Queso

i heard about that grenade...and not that i want anybody to die or anything (wait a sec let me think about that one...) i think it would have been very interesting if "the worlds most powerful man" was blown to bits.

Think about who was next in line for the Presidency, then think about the grenade.

The problem is that he is not a moral or ethical guy. He uses god as gimmic to garnner votes.

While I am hesitant to say his faith is a complete falsity, he certainly uses people's religious beliefs calously, as a tool. Perhaps it's Rove, but he's the Pres., he's still responsible for his use of words and philosophies.

Hundreds of soldiers have been sent home in boxes for a pointless war. Yes I could have done better. A moral man????? This is the same individual that signed into law the ability to exicute mentaly retarded prisoners. Has made fun of an individual before she was exicuted (Carla Faye Tucker) and then has the gaul to try to force his religious views on the world by "erring on the side of life".

All I have to say is too bad the grenade was a dud...

the last sentence in the quote is a little borderline on what i might caution the writer about or '73 could find himself talking to some G-men! (they DO come, sometimes, I know!). and if you '73 are refering to the abortion issue with your tert "force his ...", then i suppose we NEED(?) some 14,000,000 abortions a year as we had a few years ago in this country? I DO SAY GOD FORBID!

im glad all of those abortions were performed. one of the last things we need in america is more people...nothing we can do to stop that though. we love to have sex and we love to name babies.
I really wish we would treat discussions like this with a little more gentility. I don't really think that you (Orb) are glad that people die. This argument would apply equally to exterminating anyone that the law thought was undeserving. I don't think you believe that, and I do think the law's handling of individual rights matters for that reason.

Do recall that when Hilter was in charge, a lot of folks were exterminated legally. There is a good reason to carefully weigh exactly who has rights and for what purpose.

"Erring on the side of life" quote was concerning the Schaivo case, the only time Bush cut any of his vacation short For an unConstitutional referendum at that). As for abortion, go to a prison. Ask how many inmates had parents that wanted them. There is a direct link to parental involvement in a child's life and their aptitude toward violent crime.

The crusade against the "axis of evil" (which actually comprise the only other countries that allow juveniles and mentally retarded people to be exicuted) is yet another indication of his God-bullying. His openly homophobic stance. His entanglement of the faith based initiatives. etc. etc. etc.

Do recall that when Hilter was in charge, a lot of folks were exterminated legally. There is a good reason to carefully weigh exactly who has rights and for what purpose.

You mean people were shipped off persoona no grata because of ethnicity under the guise of patriotism and national security..... Good thing that won't happen again.