Science Forums

Female prostate?

Hi,

I've just read that females may have a prostate gland/s. This is curious to me as we have known about the electron for over a century as I recall yet we cannot find the prostate. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here I'm just curious. The female prostate if it exists would have to be unbelievably larger than an electron so why could we not find it?

Josephine :hihi:

Oh I see. It does seem strange to me that an electron was known about for God knows how long however the female prostate gland was only recently found.

I have no idea what you are talking about Uncle Al. What were you going to do with that kazoo exactly? :hihi:

Josie

The female prostate if it exists would have to be unbelievably larger than an electron so why could we not find it?

How do you know if anyone was even looking for it? Then again, is it the same gland men have or something else simply called a prostate because of it's location?

How do you know if anyone was even looking for it? Then again, is it the same gland men have or something else simply called a prostate because of it's location?

I'm sure if women had a gland that men didn't have someone would be looking for it. Whilst men were busy looking for ways to get to Mars they failed to venture places of more importance. ;) LOL

The female prostate has a similar connection to hormones as male prostates do. It coincides with the G-spot in 10% of women and in women where it doesn't coincide it is said to possibly be a second erogenous zone further down the urethra. It also has the same discharge as men during orgasm i.e. prostate fluid.

:)

Josephine

• 1 month later...
I'm sure if women had a gland that men didn't have someone would be looking for it. Whilst men were busy looking for ways to get to Mars they failed to venture places of more importance. :rant: LOL

The female prostate has a similar connection to hormones as male prostates do. It coincides with the G-spot in 10% of women and in women where it doesn't coincide it is said to possibly be a second erogenous zone further down the urethra. It also has the same discharge as men during orgasm i.e. prostate fluid.

:rant:

Josephine

Is this the same thing as Bartholin's glands?

In men it's called a prostate, but in women it has a different name because discovered by someone else (eponym) ---

I think the phrase "female prostate" was just used to try to explain the anatomic analogy to someone...

:eek: