Science Forums

Fusion Of Aluminum

belovelife

recently there was an experiment where ( i think) 1cm X 1cm piece of aluminin foil was heated with a laser to try and make it fuse into hight elements

all that they got was a plasma

while this plasma could have unique properties in itself

could a diamond lense laser with a diamond spherical shinking cell be a better mix for the experiment

where the shere shinks as outside pressure is applied

one of the plates has the laser attached to it with a diamond lense

then a hydrolic intermixing shell where the hydrolic fluid compresses the created plasma

(while taking into account the thermal expantion properties of the hydrolic fluid, and other materials, so as the aluminim is heated into a plasma,

the chamber increases pressure on the plasma

while this could be done with a magnetic field also, do you think it would be more beneficial if the experiment was done with pressure

and a diamond lense laser?

:naughty: BL, you really should capitalize and spell better. I can understand what you’re writing, but it’s an eyesore, and might give folk the impression you’re drunk or stupid (or stupid drunk ;)) – not an impression that lends itself to being taken seriously.

recently there was an experiment where ( i think) 1cm X 1cm piece of aluminin foil was heated with a laser to try and make it fuse into hight elements

Do you have a link to the paper for or an article about this experiment? Even with the help of internet searches, I can’t much comment on it from the little you’ve said.

could a diamond lense laser with a diamond spherical shinking cell be a better mix for the experiment

Likewise, link to something, as I can only imagine what you mean by “a diamond shrinking cell”.

To the best of my knowledge, there’s not much advantage to lenses made out of diamond (carbon) vs. glass (silica), other than for replacements in human eyes, as carbon is less prone to be rejected by the body than silica is. Diamond does have a much higher melting temperature than even special glass (about 4600 vs. 1500 K), but optics, even high powered lasers, rarely need to operate at such high temperatures.

As one would expect, making diamond lenses is much more expensive than making glass ones.

the advantage i see in doing both, is say if you achieve a higher tier periodic element, you can immidiatly experiment

the element is in a shell, similar to being incased

and you can apply magnetic fields to the element and measure reactions (i.e. bend of space time potential)

I can’t see what unusual properties you’d get from aluminum (atomic number 13) that’s been nuclearly fused into a heavier element (ailicon, AN 14, is next heavier). Recall that every element heavier than beryllium (AN 4) was produced by stellar fusion – as the saying goes, we’re all stardust. :)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/26/x-ray-laser-bakes-solid-plasma-from-aluminum-foil-brings-us-clo/

and for the shrinking shere issue,

you would need a shere that geometrically shrinks, while being plyable enought to bend

where if each individual piece had diamond in the predicted shape

then it would be able to hold the plasma

the curvature of the initial pieces would be enough room for the aluminum

while the end result would be smaller than the volume taken by the aluminum in the first place

then each piece of the shere could potentially be attached to an individual laser

so if mutiple lasers are neccisary to create enought of a reaction, they would each be stable at the connection point on said apparatus

i would not suggest letting the new material be destabalised by anything else ##** at first**##

(i.e. gamma radiation or "plutonium nuetrons", )

a electromagnetic field should be enought to at least test reactioins

• 7 months later...

ok, i was pndering doing this with a magnetic element

like iron

because in my theory, when you magnetise a material, you alighn the pairs in the impetali process

in which case, all the fub-atomic fields are alighned, increasing the the magnetic resonance

so as the fields are alighned

you get something similar to this

+++++++++++++++++++++++

----------------------------------------

+++++++++++++++++++++++

----------------------------------------

and so on and so forth

then as you do the experiment

you condense the matter, and may achieve a fusion

so as

+++++++++++

-------------------