Science Forums

Posts with "NANO" in them

ryan2006

• 1 month later...

I am a bit confussed with what ryan wants to convey, but this is something interesting:

"

Class I Impossibilities are "technologies that are impossible today, but that do not violate the known laws of physics." Kaku speculates that these technologies may become available in some limited form in a century or two.[5]

A future technology that may be seen within a lifetime is a new advanced stealth technology. This is a Class I Impossibility. In 2006, Duke University and Imperial College were able to bend microwaves around an object so that it would appear invisible in the microwave range.[1] The object is like a boulder in a stream. Downstream the water has converged in such a way that there is no evidence of a boulder upstream. Likewise, the microwaves converge in such a way that, to an observer from any direction, there is no evidence of an object. In 2008, two groups, one at Caltech and the other at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, were able to bend red light and blue-green of the visible spectrum. This made the object appear invisible in the red and blue green light range. However, this was only at the microscopic level.[1]

"

from a Wikipedia article on Michio kaku.

Thanks!

Edited by Aman Shah

Michio kaku is a well respectted theoretical physicst.The research regarding bending of light is done by expert and well recognised scientists at famous universities like Duke universities and cambridge university,not by new comers.And they have proved this on microscopic scale experimentally.

Edited by Aman Shah