Science Forums

Aspergers And Prefrontal Cortex

avuna

If my problemsolving or planning skills do not function,

wouldn't this also involve the social messages?

Incase is prefrontal cortex damaged to an extent when it comes to aspergers?

I have a distinct problem when it comes to falling asleep, would this be coming from an problem i cannot solve?

Here is my thoughts about my sleep patterns:

I can't sleep, cause then i won't wake up at the right time, cause it's late night,

and my sleeping will be interfered during deep sleep and then i will not hear the bell when it's calling.

I have not had enough brain activity through the day to make me feel tired.

There is no point sleeping cause then i will ruin the next sleep too.

I do sense that my brain activity has not been active enough to make me tired enough to sleep.

Do this come from an inability to make some reasoning as to how to find a way to make things interesting? Cause I can't find a thing to do when i

need to rest. I just wanna be active. I am trying hard to find something i will like, but the only thing that makes me interested

is if it's difficult enough to make my brain challenged, thus TV won't challenge my brain,

people won't challenge my brain, but exaggerate my brain, and do nothing for me.

This means i'm developing psychopathy to tolerate my life, even tho it's all about me.

All in all it all ends in problems i do not have any solutions for, thus making my life worse. DO i really have to live with this?

NOone tries to give me a solution in any part of my life, they just make me seek more answers and I can't solve this.

Hope someone has a good solution.

I also have a memory lacking impairment, like I can't do 2 things at once, i'm a girl, should I not be able to, if someone responds to me before i am finished I can't remember at all what i have been thinking. My thinking has stopped within the brain without coming out as something I remember, but I talk freely and I don't know what I have been saying just the sentence before. I do not plan anything.

Try meditation. It will help you slow down as part of the trouble is over-excitement as with ADHD. I probably have Asperger's too but I'm probably older than you (60 last birthday). I too find life exciting and my mind full of ideas. It no longer keeps me awake at night or wakes me in the early hours but it did. Virginia Woolf wrote what is called stream of consciousness literature and that is what you have, reflected back in your continuous stream of thoughts and words. I remember watching an interview with a man on TV, who spoke so fast you couldn't understand a word he was saying. The reporter kept trying to get him to slow down and calm down but in the end he gave up. The alternative to this is depression, where you say nothing and do nothing, having little if any contact with the world. Stopping is putting the brakes on life (death) as accelerating is life. You're different and will find this energy drives older people up the wall as they are slower in their thought and action. Don't take it personally as getting older makes us all more sensitive.