Science Forums

John 3:16

Rade

Now I am truly confused.

I believe that any discussion of what Christianity is; What Christians do, or do not believe; or the Logical Implications of Christian belief, must all refer back to the Bible.

The Lao Tse, The Chang Tzu, The I Ching and The Bhagavad Gita may all be fine books, yet they have very little or no relevance to discussions of Christian Theology.

SomeTimes you may want to examine these book's Theology, or to compare two or more Religions.....

But I am puzzled by the stricture against discussing Bible Verses.....

I think you will have come up with a non-alcoholic Gin.

Saxon Violence

But I am puzzled by the stricture against discussing Bible Verses.....

I think you will have come up with a non-alcoholic Gin.

Saxon Violence

you don't have to understand the rules; you just have to follow them. if you want booze, go to a bar. render unto Tormod what is Tormod's.

interpret this...

Rules for the Theology Forum

It's only right that we should "render to Tormod what is Tormods". John 3:16 is however, a Bible verse and in order to understand one we need to look at it in light of 'other' verses (now granted that often goes off on weird tangents and possibly the reason why you are loathe to allow it).

If you were to allow it however, I think you would be pleasantly surprised to discover what it really says (notwithstanding the supernatural inferrences).

It's only right that we should "render to Tormod what is Tormods". John 3:16 is however, a Bible verse and in order to understand one we need to look at it in light of 'other' verses (now granted that often goes off on weird tangents and possibly the reason why you are loathe to allow it).

If you were to allow it however, I think you would be pleasantly surprised to discover what it really says (notwithstanding the supernatural inferrences).

exactly what part of "no" don't you understand? follow our rules or leave.