Science Forums

Is it possible to be online everywhere?

___I hope to have surgical bolts put into my skull for a snap on eye-piece/computer monitor/video screen. :) :)

something even better to save you the agony and humiliation:

i've seen these tiny 1 inch or so screens that go right infront of your eye, and you wear it like sunglasses or something. it's attached to a pack that you can wear or keep by your side. i saw that quite some time ago too, maybe we'll be seeing it in retail soon!

___Yes, like that, but I want it bolted to my skull! They do it for hairpieces already; little gold special surgical skull bolt snaps.

___I will have a little generator put next to my heart so I don't need batteries. Wires lead to a socket near the bolts.

___I more had Borg in mind. I'm blind in one eye, but the retina is good & if an image is projected past the scaring on my cornea, ala eye tests, I could potentially see again in stereo. A sunglass mount is too squirelly for the alignment necessary, whereas the bolts are not. The bolts terminate in snaps, & so if you take a hard hit, the device breaks away like ski boots from bindings.

___I would do it in a minute! :)

___I more had Borg in mind. I'm blind in one eye, but the retina is good & if an image is projected past the scaring on my cornea, ala eye tests, I could potentially see again in stereo.
Hey the standard issue night vision for the army/marines is single eye hanging off the helmet and some have computer connections like orb mentions above. But the main thing is: it makes 'em look almost *exactly* like a Borg! :)

Resistance is futile,

UniBuffy Zero

As I know, there will be online during flight soon. So that is likely to be a trend.

Usually, people watch films provided by airplane when in the flight; in future, we can log to internet world in plane.

And do you think this is able that we can take our mini-pc to websurf during our working time?

I think I'll hate the future generations of people, no seriously, i can see it now, myself telling some kid that i used to have a 2.8 GHZ laptop, and see them laughing at me because they have 100 THZ system running in their skull with all the capabilities that a person would need at that time.

As for displays, i think that in future, once computers will start to be mounted inside peoples heads (well, a server was already mounted on a fly), I'd a device that will wrap itself around your eye nerve and input signals straight into it, keyboards will be replaced with sensors that detect gland movements and wait until you say "comuter terminal" and you'll have a transparent terminal visible in your eye, then you'd say "terminal weather tomorrow", and bang a weather report is visible in your transparent, or i guess you could have one that will work straight off your thoughs, man those would be the days...

but the near future brings wearable computers with display eye glasses, and little bands on your arms that can detect regular typing movement :) (and its all already made and is being tested, my friend is going to ask the developers of the typing thing whether or not they have written a driver for linux, and if not, he's going to offer them to write it, just so he can have the typing bands thingy :)

• 2 weeks later...