Science Forums

Dingwall Down The Road

paigetheoracle

I am nearly sixty and have noticed an interesting effect recently, which I put down to the breakdown of the barriers between memories (compartmentalization).

Twice I've been thinking of somewhere else I used to live and then coming back to the present and the outside world, swearing that a town where we lived in the past, was now just down the road. In the last case I thought Dingwall in The Highlands of Scotland, was outside Kilmarnock in The Central Belt - a physical impossibility.

Of course I'm well aware this could be the first sign of dementia (When my memory started going a couple of years ago, my wife said I hope you're not getting Alzheimers: She has an older brother and sister with it. To me it was a sign of depression* but in Holland apparently they see both as the same - toxic thoughts or toxins in the body). Me being me, I'll monitor the situation to see what discoveries I can make from internal analysis of the symptoms).

* See other posts in psychology forum today, most of which are relevant to this situation/ condition (No flowers by request but chocolates wouldn't go amiss - hay fever and chocaholic freak).