Science Forums

Hello Sciencey Peoples! ^-^

Rea Yufi

Hello everyone! I am making an attempt at getting stuck into Internets, using forums properly and all sorts. Looking for places to call home relevant to my interests I find here through Lord Google.

I am interested in Geology and Natural sciences. I am currently studying rather late in life for a natural sciences degree through Open University. I am hoping to not fall foul of tuition price increases in UK because then I would not be able to finish. Hope to talk to you all soon ^_^

Hello Rea Yufi! Welcome to hypography! :)

Hypography's my favorite place to discuss science in a friendly yet no-BS way with people ranging from young kids to science pros, mostly with folk like myself with long and deep affection for science, but not pro science careers. We're a little internet community by present day standards, but a good one, I think, and always in need of enthusiastic new members.

I'm curious both about your Open University plans and progress, and your Second Life experience, as I don't have much experience with either. I look forward to learning about them, and discussing all things science-y in general with hypographers old and new. :thumbs_up

Thankyou for the welcome ^-^

Ahh Open Uni I am unsure whats happening now. I am only 1 year into it (doing 6 months per year as I work full time) and may get clumped by the price increases now. Theres a limit they are going to raise it for current students i believe, not sure what the limit is going to be though. It works out a £600 course goes £2500 full price. Would need £10000 to finish if I took the full hit. >.~

I also don't really know what I want to do with the degree. Natural sciences and geology were just the subjects I was most interededs in ^-^

With Second Life I started lookings at it because of New Scientist going through a phase of mentioning it every week a few years back. I build things, mostly steam punk or vintage themed, from theatres to robots, and write plays for some of the theatres there. ^-^ My friend used to hold science talks in his theatre that I used to attend ^-^