Science Forums

Greetings From The Brotherhood!

atom

I am atom. I am a representative of a brotherhood of about 400 members nationwide in the United States, as well as a few in Canada. My title within the brotherhood is "Messenger". I am one who usually goes before any others in order to answer any questions and to see how warm the welcome will be.

The Messengers are necessary because our brotherhood, frankly, is not well-liked. It is generally hated, to be more clear. The ironic thing is that we are hated even by those who are otherwise opposed for their OWN hate. . .such as white supremacists, for example. We are hated equally by all political parties, by all age groups, and by people of all colors, creeds, and nations. The only ones who don't particularly hate us are some of the more extreme religious groups. Don't worry. . .I'm not here to recruit! But why the hate? Let's just say for the time being that what we do is illegal, unethical,and completely repugnant to those raised in a typical American household. . .but like I said, I'm not here to recruit.

This, of course, begs the question of why exactly I AM here. Your answer to this post, if any, will decide if I'll show myself the exit or not.

We are currently in the second phase of an ongoing experiment. This experiment is unique, as far as we know, and is in a field of science (probably more properly psuedo-science) that is almost completely ignored by professional researchers. The first phase of the experiment was a two-year study that concluded late last year after seven subjects. The second phase is now on the third subject. It is a highly illegal and unethical experiment involving unwitting human subjects. Of course, one must remember that early studies of anatomy were also considered illegal and unethical, and what may be repugnant by current standards may not be seen as such by future generations.

Although there has been a massive amount of documentation and discussion concerning this experiment, it has mostly been among the brotherhood itself. Most outside opinion we have sought has followed the predictable course of ridicule and opposition. . .most of it has been quite hostile.

Therefore, it is in hopes of finding a bit of serious feedback from communities outside of our own brotherhood that I have come. This experiment will shock many of you, and furthermore, many of you will NOT believe a word of it. The fact that there is an underground brotherhood conducting human experimentation is not an easy thing to accept. Still, I ask if this is something this community might be interested in hearing more about?

As for me (This IS an introduction thread, right?).

I am 43 years old. I live in Florida and am a retired business consultant and former U.S. Marine. I am average in every way.

Without getting specific, as the details are fairly shocking to most, it has to do with putting unwitting human subjects into situations beyond their (perceived)control (They are actually in complete control of every choice and action they make) in order to observe and document their reactions with the purpose of discovering common factors between completely unrelated, random individuals in similar situations. Each subject is tested for a minimum of 30 days and up to a maximum (so far) of 5 months, with an average time of about 3 months. Escalation of stress events occur at several specific points during the time of observation. I am in charge of the main experiment and have done the most documentation. I work with a control group and two other testing groups. There was a third testing group, but the person in charge of that one was found out and is now in jail. Like I said, the actual details of the experiment are enough to cause immediate and hostile reaction. This is why we kind of ease into the explanations online. Usually banishment follows soon after the first round of related posts, not always. . .but often enough to become somewhat predictable.

The primary purpose is to establish a method or means to produce predictable general results that can then be modified for use in specific situations. Information and knowledge that can be utilized is a secondary objective that so far has come naturally as we move toward the primary. The Brotherhood doesn't much care for knowledge for knowledge's sake, but seeks that which is of use or benefit. The main concern is that the results of this experiment be reproducable by others. Sorry about being so cryptic, but the nature of this knowledge and the use to which it is put is both illegal and unethical by any modern standard. It has to do with predictable human behavior. . .how to bring about specific response with specific action based on the exploitable weaknesses observed in an individual, therefore it would fall into a psychological/social category of experiment, one being performed on unwitting subjects, and that targets a specific group of people. It is the targeted nature of the experiment that most find particularly offensive. The few times a subject has become aware that they are being observed and tested have been fairly disastrous, so it is imperative to the goal of the experiment that the subject not be aware that they are being manipulated.

I am atom. I am a representative of a brotherhood of about 400 members nationwide in the United States, as well as a few in Canada. My title within the brotherhood is "Messenger". I am one who usually goes before any others in order to answer any questions and to see how warm the welcome will be.

Usually banishment follows soon after the first round of related posts, not always. . .but often enough to become somewhat predictable.

Atom, the first and IMHO most important of hypography’s rules is in general, back up your claims with links and references. Willfully failing to follow this rule will get your posting privileges suspended.

In this your intro thread, you’re making some grand claims: that you’re a representative of an organization with hundreds of members; that one of your members “was found out and is now in jail”; that your organization “is generally hated”, etc. You’ve not backed up these claims.

I don’t believe your claims, for the most part because you’ve not provided any evidence to support them, but for several more general reasons:

You’re claiming to engage in criminal activity that could jail you, but are doing so via a residential internet service, rather than anonymously, as genuine internet criminals do. Your ISP, Roadrunner, will upon legitimate disclose the identity of your account holder to law enforcement officials or website administrators. So, if your claims were taken seriously by me or a law enforcement official, your account holder would be “found out”.

You also are describing as criminal actions that appear, from the little information you’ve given, to be merely unethical. Conducting an unethical study typically can result in losing your funding or being fired from your job, but in and of itself is not a crime. If “putting unwitting human subjects into situations beyond their (perceived)control … in order to observe and document their reactions with the purpose of discovering common factors between completely unrelated, random individuals in similar situations” were a serious crime, I and most of the people I know would have been convicted and jailed for it many time, from early childhood on. This activity is, more simply put, “messing with people to see what they’ll do,” or, in cases where it is intimidating, cruel and hurtful, bullying. Many, possibly most people have done it, on his or her own or teamed with others, but only in extreme cases does it lead to legal action, and then, usually civil law suits brought by the bullied individual against his or her bulliers.

This experiment is unique, as far as we know, and is in a field of science (probably more properly psuedo-science) that is almost completely ignored by professional researchers.

If you’ve not published your experiment in a journal or preprint archive that professional researchers read, it likely will be not ignored, but unknown to them. If you self-describe it as pseudoscience, it’s unlikely you can publish it – pseudoscience is derogatory, not complimentary.

The first phase of the experiment was a two-year study that concluded late last year after seven subjects. The second phase is now on the third subject. It is a highly illegal and unethical experiment involving unwitting human subjects. Of course, one must remember that early studies of anatomy were also considered illegal and unethical, and what may be repugnant by current standards may not be seen as such by future generations.

Although there has been a massive amount of documentation and discussion concerning this experiment, it has mostly been among the brotherhood itself. Most outside opinion we have sought has followed the predictable course of ridicule and opposition. . .most of it has been quite hostile.

Therefore, it is in hopes of finding a bit of serious feedback from communities outside of our own brotherhood that I have come. This experiment will shock many of you, and furthermore, many of you will NOT believe a word of it. The fact that there is an underground brotherhood conducting human experimentation is not an easy thing to accept. Still, I ask if this is something this community might be interested in hearing more about?

If you have a massive amount of documentation to share, please do (if massive, you’ll most likely need to do so via commented links to your own website).

Otherwise, as you say, many of us will not believe a word of it. Claims require evidence, and you’ve provided none. :thumbs_do