Science Forums

How tall should I be?

WR7

Is that true that yoga will make will make you 2+ inches taller if you do it every day 2+ minutex per exerercise? This site thats currently unavaliable shows the work outs and the results, hopefully I will let you look at it once it is available again! :circle:

I have heard that it can make you appear taller, due to the changes in your posture. But I really doubt it will make you grow 2 more inches. Do you have some reason for wanting to be taller? I wouldn't worry too much about your height, besides, you are 5'9", that's not short or anything.

Is being tall really necessary for a wide receiver? Even quarterbacks don't have to be extremely tall or anything, look at Doug Flutie, he's only 5'10". I would say to concentrate more on your game and less on how tall people think you should be and you can be a great wide receiver.

How tall should you be? That really depends on exactly what it is you want to do- and you mentioned wide receiver. rockytriton has brought up a great example, I think. It doesn't matter really how tall you are, but how you play.

As for how tall you will be, while genes play a big part in that, it's not entirely determinable, I don't think. I myself am a rather short person and have been told by my doctor that I will not grow anymore- yet I have proven that wrong by gaining centimeters over the years.

And I'm assuming you're male (as few females [can] do the football thing) and males keep growing for a longer amount of time than do females (though females mature sooner... I'm about 80% sure I got that right. *laughs*). I really think you have nothing to worry about at your age.

Just my two cents! *traipses off*

• 3 weeks later...

what about if something intervenes with the "height" gene? then the "Desntiy" is thrown off. well actually, destiny would now include the intervention of the height gene. and that is why you can't use the word destiny when talking about genes.

or maybe i am completely wrong, that's just how i see it. (sorry to bring this dreaded thread back)

• 5 years later...

I think food has a bigger effect on height than its given credit for. Yes of course genes play a big role, but how do u explain me and my brother growing to be 6'8 and 6'11 when nobody in our past generations came close to that?

Home cooked meals were all we were raised on, in combination with tons of milk and ice cream and cereal pretty much every morning. Try it out it might work for you, just avoid fast food and anything else unhealthy. Tons of dairy, tons of veggies.

As far as the yogo..keep in mind that you are tallest in the morning when your bones aren't compressed from a days stress, I'd imagine yoga alleviates the stress back to the point when you were laying in bed. In short, a quick fix..and possibly cheating :ideamaybenot: