Science Forums

For men's growth?

When your epiphyses seal over you are at your maximum height. Administration of growth hormone thereafter may result in acromegaly but you won't get significantly taller. A tactic that will work is breaking your leg bones and using an external bone brace and screws to continuously widen the gaps between the healing ends. That could get you another inch or two. You'd have to want it real bad for the months of pain, risk of deep infection, and given that the bones can stop growing before they reunite.

When your epiphyses seal over you are at your maximum height. Administration of growth hormone thereafter may result in acromegaly but you won't get significantly taller. A tactic that will work is breaking your leg bones and using an external bone brace and screws to continuously widen the gaps between the healing ends. That could get you another inch or two. You'd have to want it real bad for the months of pain, risk of deep infection, and given that the bones can stop growing before they reunite.

I know this breaking off bone surgery. It is popular in China.

So, you answer me this: with the nanotechnology help and this surgery, do you think in future humen can undergo this plastic surgery to be as any tall as they want just as women can meed their desired breast sieze?

hmmmm.

i'm not sure if you will be able to be as tall as you want AFTER you are born.(you never know! technology is amazing)

but before the woman is concieved, eventually we will be able to "program" DNA into what kind of child we want. and hey, make the kid tall. but as for you........you're screwed! :shrug: in a nice way of course :circle:

• 10 months later...

if you want to go taller ur out of luck buddy. as far as my medical knoweldge goes i havent come across anything that can make you "several inches taller". the only way to do it really is go back to being 11 years old and get prescription HGH. As far as this leg breaking surgery goes, its to be frank stupid and its not unheard of to end up in a wheel chair or worse lose several inches of height. my point is come to terms with you height and discover advantages to it.

DrD has a good point about " come to terms with you height and discover advantages to it."
This should be a closed thread. God *knows* we tried to get Ps to come to terms with it, but, well, just use the little search thingy up at the top of the screen to check out some of his other, uh, "thoughts"...

Illucid, :naughty:

Aunt Buffy