Science Forums

Universe From Nothing

Time_Travel

Time_Travel. There is an increasing number of people who think the universe may have come from nothing. If you add all the pluses and minuses (gravity, energy, matter) in the universe, it balances out and comes to nothing.

While nothing is nil, it is also +1 and -1, +trillion and -trillion. All that matters is that both sides balance out. While nothing occupiers no space, it has infinite potential.

Is that something like, Positive matter got pulled out of nothing, leaving and equal amount of negative matter behind, then the + went forward in time and the - went backwards in time?

• 2 months later...

i think i like the idea of a white hole (in theory the opposite end of a blackhole) as our universes source of all things.

but if that were the case, then the rules of physics would need to be a constant in all dimensions.

so perhaps a different dimension had a SMBH and our universe was created from that, and now our universe is giving life to new dimensions via our super massive black holes at the centers of all galaxies, perhaps.

No one claims the universe came from nothing, the idea the universe came from nothing is a creationist idea, not science...

Moon, what you on about? The universe has been successfully modeled as something from nothing from reputable journals. The first person to do this was Hawking, I also provide a recent scientific paper of such a possibility without singularities at the end of my essay here

http://scienceforums.com/topic/26897-true-time-evolution-in-gr-and-the-wheeler-de-witt-equation/

Moon, what you on about? The universe has been successfully modeled as something from nothing from reputable journals. The first person to do this was Hawking, I also provide a recent scientific paper of such a possibility without singularities at the end of my essay here

http://scienceforums.com/topic/26897-true-time-evolution-in-gr-and-the-wheeler-de-witt-equation/

Mathematically the universe can only be modeled back to a tiny hot dense object. Where it came from is unknown, saying it came from nothing is an assertion that cannot be backed up at this time.

Creationists claim the universe literally came from nothing, called into existence in it's present form by a being that came from nothing speaking magic words that call the universe in it's present state into being from nothing....