Science Forums

Would This Be..... Venus

belovelife

If you were the only one who could interprit the data from a sattelite, and you sent it to Venus, found a similar planet to ours but younger in its intelligent species development stage, and you had the decision to tell people or not, would you?

And do you think it is possibly going on?

It was Mars, not Venus. The person who found the martian civilization was a soviet engineer named Los. He built a rocket, flew to Mars, and converted them all to communism.

Or... wait... I might be confusing "Aelita - Queen of Mars" with reality

~modest :doh:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMILCERI7H_index_0.html

carbon dioxide freezes on venus?

No, if you read the article you will find the cold is high in the atmosphere of Venus not on the surface of Venus. Earth's atmosphere is also very cold very high up, I suggest you look up Earths atmosphere and see the results, here would be a good place to start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Earth

If you were the only one who could interprit the data from a sattelite, and you sent it to Venus, found a similar planet to ours but younger in its intelligent species development stage, and you had the decision to tell people or not, would you?

Are you asking if Venus is really inhabitable? Then no it is not, it is hot enough to melt lead and the atmospheric pressure is nearly 100 times that of the Earth, far too much evidence exists that supports this fact. If we discovered such a planet and it was my decision to tell everyone ... yes i would...

interesting,

i think the way the atmosheric pressure an temperature are represented in your statement

( while being "true" ) , is only a half truty

just like earth, and any other "planet" the atmoshere would become less dense as you rise in altitude

if there is a temperature differential enough for co2 to freeze,

then there is a temperate zone where our version of life would be able to survive

in essence, what is the difference between the amount of life in the cold abyss of the earths oceans in comparison to

a super dense atmosherre on venus, ?

the relative nature of the subject os debatable

the relative nature of the subject os debatable

The subject is debatable by those who have a grasp of the basic principles. Otherwise one is likely to make several misinterpretations and arrive at a faulty conclusion. Multiple probes have been sent to Venus, including landers and these have supplemented ground based radar observations. We have a detailed knowledge and understanding of Venus and can say with certainty that there is no macroscopic life there. I do not rule out the possibility of microscopic life in the upper atmosphere. Is that what you were referring to?

The subject is debatable by those who have a grasp of the basic principles. Otherwise one is likely to make several misinterpretations and arrive at a faulty conclusion. Multiple probes have been sent to Venus, including landers and these have supplemented ground based radar observations. We have a detailed knowledge and understanding of Venus and can say with certainty that there is no macroscopic life there. I do not rule out the possibility of microscopic life in the upper atmosphere. Is that what you were referring to?

yes

and as the probes decended at a billion miles per hour, it scanned the entire atmophere of venus for macroscopic life

( excuse the sarcasm, on my first cup of coffee :coffee_n_pc: )