Science Forums

Internet Map

Would it be possible to create/Is there a program that would search the internet and create a graph of the links it finds? Such as, "A links to B which links to C and D, while C links to A and D and D links to none", but in some sort of 'bubble'-type visual, with each 'bubble' being a website, and the bubbles being connected by lines that represent the links.

I would create it myself, but I have absolutely no clue how to, and I have been unable to find such a program/project online.

Would it be possible to create/Is there a program that would search the internet and create a graph of the links it finds? Such as, "A links to B which links to C and D, while C links to A and D and D links to none", but in some sort of 'bubble'-type visual, with each 'bubble' being a website, and the bubbles being connected by lines that represent the links.

I would create it myself, but I have absolutely no clue how to, and I have been unable to find such a program/project online.

Google operates such a program that searches the web and indexes links, a webcrawler or spider as its commonly referred to. In fact it uses site links as votes in its PageRank system to help determine relevance. With such data in hand they could use Trendalyzer to display it as you describe but you would really have to zoom in close since there would literally be billions of links.