Science Forums

Aliens Poll

Buffy

What kind of life is there in the universe, and have they visited?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of life is there in the universe, and have they visited?

• Humans are the only intelligent life, and there is no life beyond Earth.
    • Humans, dolphins, gorillas and a few others are the only intelligent life.
    • There's life beyond earth but its only bacteria and simple organisms.
    • There's complex life beyond earth but its not intelligent.
    • There's intelligent life in the universe but they've never visited Earth.
    • There's intelligent life in the universe and they've visited.
    • There's intelligent life and they regularly abduct humans for experiments.

Saw one, hell I used to own one! :hihi:

Actually you are not the only person to say they've seen a real Thunderbird, even have some photos but the photos are obviously of a large bird of prey not a giant T-Bird. But the hunt goes on!

I used to own one too.:( As far as the Tbird being a large bird of prey...well just like the ufo sightings, you had to be there.

T-Bird, I ask you again, what would you require as evidence? Evidence exists for UFOs not for God.
Answering for myself, I’d consider the evidence alleged to have been gathered at the 1947 Roswell incident - living or dead alien bodies, and an intact of fragmented spacecraft - to be unimpeachable evidence.

However, I know of no such material available for independent verification, and am therefore skeptical that it exists.

I used to own one too.:hihi: As far as the Tbird being a large bird of prey...well just like the ufo sightings, you had to be there.

I honestly believe there may have been some truth in the idea of a thunder bird. Native Americans were pretty good observers, hard to believe it wasn't based on something real. but if several people had seen your T-bird, from widely separated positions, photos had been taken, and at least some of the observers were well educated bird watchers that were intimately familiar with birds you might have something to crow about:shrug:

Answering for myself, I’d consider the evidence alleged to have been gathered at the 1947 Roswell incident - living or dead alien bodies, and an intact of fragmented spacecraft - to be unimpeachable evidence.

However, I know of no such material available for independent verification, and am therefore skeptical that it exists.

Yes that would be proof but that would be a lot to ask for proof. many people act as though an alien space craft or what ever UFOs are would drop nuts and bolts off as it flies by. short of UFOs being made by Harley Davidson most requirements for proof are unlikely to impossible and really don't add to our understanding of this phenomena. many really clear photos have been taken way before photo shop was available, many sightings with multiple witnesses, with military pilots, radar observations and such have been made. at least one sighting had nearly every criteria anyone could possibly want but blue book wrote it off as a star seen under unusual conditions. I'd like to see the radar that could pick up a star or ground crew that could see it at the same time a aircraft was above it and beside it observing it on both radar and with the eye. Of course i wasn't there so i guess blue book is the gold standard.

Why do I suddenly feel like Daffy Duck. No its Duck season ! BOOM

Because you said you wanted evidence and then you refused to say what that evidence would have to be for you to believe it or even give it serious consideration? You tried top poke fun at serious attempts to understand and explain a very complex and difficult subject?

I honestly believe there may have been some truth in the idea of a thunder bird. Native Americans were pretty good observers, hard to believe it wasn't based on something real. but if several people had seen your T-bird, from widely separated positions, photos had been taken, and at least some of the observers were well educated bird watchers that were intimately familiar with birds you might have something to crow about:shrug:

Its just a personal experance that I use as source to create own personal myths upon about the earth, nothing more. It's stange that you used the word crow, there was a flock of them around its tail. The Thunderbird Cawed like a crow also.

Because you said you wanted evidence and then you refused to say what that evidence would have to be for you to believe it or even give it serious consideration? You tried top poke fun at serious attempts to understand and explain a very complex and difficult subject?

No, I stated there was no evidence that UFO's are extraterestrials.

Its just a personal experance that I use as source to create own personal myths upon about the earth, nothing more. It's stange that you used the word crow, there was a flock of them around its tail. The Thunderbird Cawed like a crow also.

I've seen crows chase Eagles, Hawks, and Buzzards and I've seen song birds chase Eagles, Hawks and Buzzards. Natural behavior for sure.

I'd really like to know what it would take to convince anyone or everyone that UFOs are something other than imagination or misidentified aircraft. Lets see what it would take. Tell me true dudes and dudettes.

well there may be something truly weird happening but I could just as well say they are earthlings or from the future or another dimension. what ever, Its all just fill in the blanks, and understand They could be from another planet, there is just nothing for me to study. Give me something to study and I'm all in.

well there may be something truly weird happening but I could just as well say they are earthlings or from the future or another dimension. what ever, Its all just fill in the blanks, and understand They could be from another planet, there is just nothing for me to study. Give me something to study and I'm all in.

You continue to evade Moontan's question. What evidence, exactly, would you accept as proof of aliens visiting?

What exactly is motivating your vehement opposition is my question. :read:

Would a clear photo do, there are literally hundreds of those and they show a lot more than a light in the sky, how about this report?

1968-Minot Air Force Base, UFO Hovers, Seen by B-52 crew, UFO Casebook Files

Yes that would be proof but that would be a lot to ask for proof.
I don’t consider it excessive to require, for proof that an observed aircraft is other than a terrestrial civilian or military aircraft, containing other than ordinary human beings, an intact or wrecked aircraft. I don’t consider living or dead aliens to be necessary evidence: the hardware alone would be enough, and I consider it likely that, if an alien spacecraft has visited Earth, it was unmanned.
many people act as though an alien space craft or what ever UFOs are would drop nuts and bolts off as it flies by. short of UFOs being made by Harley Davidson most requirements for proof are unlikely to impossible and really don't add to our understanding of this phenomena.
True, but central to most “UFOs are real” claims I’ve read, including Ed Mitchell’s recent ones, is that one or more alien spacecraft has crashed, and been recovered by the US or other government agents.

I’m skeptical of these claims.

many really clear photos have been taken way before photo shop was available, …
Photographs could be altered, and deceptive photos taken, long before the availability of computer graphics editing.

… many sightings with multiple witnesses, with military pilots, radar observations and such have been made.
I would consider a computer file containing a recording of radar data of a claimed UFO behaving in a manner impossible to any know aircraft to be less strong, but credible evidence of that the UFO is not any know aircraft.

However, I’ve never possessed such a file, so am skeptical that they exist.

Because of personal experiences with people I consider honest (including my own mom, who, flying alone in a light aircraft in the 1970s, claims to have been paced for several minutes at a distance of a few wingspans by an aircraft she couldn’t, even after extended study, identify) reporting incorrect information sighted from aircraft, and some bizarre but real-seeming sightings of my own from airplanes and boats, I don’t consider eyewitness sightings of airborne objects to be reliable.

I'm with T-bird and Craig on this one. Initially, I have a problem with the logistics of traversing the space/time continuum, particlarly when you arrive at your destination and then supposedly stay there indefinitely with some unlimited supply of resources.

Or maybe the aliens that were here during ancient times are a different race of aliens from a different planet. Obviously, with all the varying reports and unique descriptions, there are vast races of aliens from different planets that visit here regularly, and have been throughout recorded history, and yet somehow, all we have to show for it is nothing but stories and tales.

I've never said it isn't possible. But considering the vast distances between star systems, and the fact that most of the local stars that you can see at night are still hundreds of light years away, and the fact that none of the local stars have offered a single intelligent radio wave, it just seems very improbable that we are being visited.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, while it's true that testimony has value as evidence in a court room, science requires something a bit more concrete, like something that can be examined.

Therefore I too remain skeptical.