Science Forums

Aliens Poll

Buffy

What kind of life is there in the universe, and have they visited?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of life is there in the universe, and have they visited?

• Humans are the only intelligent life, and there is no life beyond Earth.
    • Humans, dolphins, gorillas and a few others are the only intelligent life.
    • There's life beyond earth but its only bacteria and simple organisms.
    • There's complex life beyond earth but its not intelligent.
    • There's intelligent life in the universe but they've never visited Earth.
    • There's intelligent life in the universe and they've visited.
    • There's intelligent life and they regularly abduct humans for experiments.

T-Bird, if you are looking to find a neutral web site about UFOs good luck. All you get is debunker's and true believers in my estimation neither one can really be completely trusted when it comes to conclusions. all you can do is read the information and decide if it says what they say it says. In some of these cases you have the actual paintings in others all you have is documented writings from that era. the best you can do is make your own decisions and don't let their conclusions lead you on.

Here something I just found, Carl Jung wrote a book about UFO's !

Jung was also an ardent racist and allegedly associated with the transcriber of the Urantia Book. (See was Uranti a Hoax thread) :Alien: :( :hyper:

Again you have evaded discussing Dr. Ed Mitchell's new comments. Craig at least offered a shielded gentle rebuffing of Mitchell's claim, but even so it does not change what he said or is saying. If you want to make someone out to be a fool, then start with Ed. :hihi:

T-Bird, if you are looking to find a neutral web site about UFOs good luck. All you get is debunker's and true believers in my estimation neither one can really be completely trusted when it comes to conclusions. all you can do is read the information and decide if it says what they say it says. In some of these cases you have the actual paintings in others all you have is documented writings from that era. the best you can do is make your own decisions and don't let their conclusions lead you on.
No, I am not looking for a "neutral web site about UFOs" You where eluding that there is historical evidence of fling saucers. I was waiting for that, with bated breath I will admit. I do know for sure where this concept of historical aliens originated, but alas you dare not speak his name. :hihi:

Jung was also an ardent racist and allegedly associated with the transcriber of the Urantia Book. (See was Uranti a Hoax thread) :Alien: :( :hyper:

Again you have evaded discussing Dr. Ed Mitchell's new comments. Craig at least offered a shielded gentle rebuffing of Mitchell's claim, but even so it does not change what he said or is saying. If you want to make someone out to be a fool, then start with Ed. :hihi:

Turtle, I am at a complete loss as to what to think of what Dr. Ed Mitchell said. Every time I am about to write off UFOs as complete BS somebody will come up with yet another report or person who cannot be pushed aside easily and I have to go completely back through the whole is it real or is it BS thought process. So far the BS side is loosing badly, there really are UFO reports and testimony that is very close to being irrefutable. I can think of a couple just off the top of my head that simply cannot be explained as anything but an extraordinary event bordering on the supernatural. I mean when pilots carrying nuclear weapons say the saw a UFO and it is seen on the ground, from the ground on ground radar and on radar in the B-52 tracked for long periods of time, seen by another aircraft and no conventional explanation can possibly explain it where do you go? Then you have an astronaut, my personal hero's, and I don't have many real hero's, saying that UFOs are really alien space ships and that we are in contact with then what do you do? where do you take your thoughts from there?

Turtle, I am at a complete loss as to what to think of what Dr. Ed Mitchell said. Every time I am about to write off UFOs as complete BS somebody will come up with yet another report or person who cannot be pushed aside easily and I have to go completely back through the whole is it real or is it BS thought process. So far the BS side is loosing badly, there really are UFO reports and testimony that is very close to being irrefutable. I can think of a couple just off the top of my head that simply cannot be explained as anything but an extraordinary event bordering on the supernatural. I mean when pilots carrying nuclear weapons say the saw a UFO and it is seen on the ground, from the ground on ground radar and on radar in the B-52 tracked for long periods of time, seen by another aircraft and no conventional explanation can possibly explain it where do you go? Then you have an astronaut, my personal hero's, and I don't have many real hero's, saying that UFOs are really alien space ships and that we are in contact with then what do you do? where do you take your thoughts from there?

Exactly. Which suitably smart guy said suitably high technology is indistinguishable from magic?

We take our thoughts to Hypography, where Science is for Everyone. :hihi: :(

Turtle I cannot explain what someone see's when I was not there, especially considering they cannot explain it themselves. When we try, it is folly.. and yes to me ironic, considering that the same exact conversations and attacks are heaped on people on this forum that believe in gods and angels from heaven, when the real evidence is 0 on both counts. Again life from another world is very possible but there is 0 evidence anyone has at anytime be a God or angel or little green men made contact or effected man's history.

Here something I just found, Carl Jung wrote a book about UFO's !

Flying Saucers As Signs From Heaven

Jung is misinformed, UFOs/flying saucers have been around for a very long time. Alexander the great was followed by silver shields that dove at his army and later helped him destroy a city wall. Medieval paintings depict nuts and bolts UFOs and even reports from antiquity are not all described as angels or gods or demons. even during the time of Pharaohs unexplained sights in the sky were not assumed to be gods or angels. The concept of technological UFOs has been around for a very long time.
MTMan, can you give links or references to accounts about Alexander or the medieval paintings you mention?

Edit: Never mind the request for links – those given in post #237 are just what I wanted to see.

Though arguably a bit delusional, and having had access to less material than available nowadays, Jung was a pretty methodical researcher, and on the subject of mythology and mystical traditions, an acknowledged expert. I’ve encountered the idea that “alien contacts” are described in the technological terms of the culture of those making the claim (eg: 18th and 19th century and earlier accounts describing faeries, dwarves, and gnomes) from many sources, substantiated by many well authenticated documents (Irving’s famous “Rip Van Winkle”, for example, can be considered a sort of alien abduction story). However, none of the sources I know proposing evidence of ancient, or even historical accounts of contact with technological UFOs (eg: Erich von Däniken) are very credible. So good-quality documentation not requiring excessive subjective reinterpretation, such as the paintings showing nuts and bolts that you describe would be a surprise and an eye-opener for me.

Turtle I cannot explain what someone see's when I was not there, especially considering they cannot explain it themselves. When we try, it is folly.. and yes to me ironic considering that the same exact conversations and attacks are heaped on people on this forum that believe in gods and angels from heaven, when the real evidence is 0 on both counts. Again life from another world is very possible but there is 0 evidence anyone has at anytime be a God are angel or little green men made contact or effected mans history.

T-Bird, I ask you again, what would you require as evidence? Evidence exists for UFOs not for God.

I would like to be clear.. I happen to love these myths, to me they are not lies but tell more about us than so called real history. Carl Jung to me a decoder of these stories into truths that really get to the core of what it means to be human.

As I stated in one of my first threads, the reason I call myself Thunderbird is that I saw one once.. so if anyone wants to call me crazy go head I am crazy as they come. I just happened to be a kook of a different stripe.

I would like to be clear.. I happen to love these myths, to me they are not lies but tell more about us than so called real history. Carl Jung to me a decoder of these stories into truths that really get to the core of what it means to be human.

As I stated in one of my first threads, the reason I call myself Thunderbird is that I saw one once.. so if anyone wants to call me crazy go head I am crazy as they come. I just happened to be a kook of a different stripe.

Saw one, hell I used to own one! :hihi:

Actually you are not the only person to say they've seen a real Thunderbird, even have some photos but the photos are obviously of a large bird of prey not a giant T-Bird. But the hunt goes on!

UFO Sightings In Ancient Egypt, Rome, And The Middle Ages

If you read this entire article you will notice these sightings were not thought to be angels, demons or gods but real objects or inexplicable phenomena. In the case of japan 700 years ago they were actually called flying tea pots or something similar.