Science Forums

Perfecting Perpetual Wheel

Hello, newbie here, so if I'm not doing this correct please explain. I'm looking to make a perpetual wheel that I've read about and have heard there has been work to perfect this! Does anyone know about where I could go to find out more about this? I'm wanting to work on a project/concept that using this idea with a crank attached to a wind generator, its possible to not have to rely on wind power or solar power such as both do not help people living in western washington areas.

I realize that there is going to be work on the turbine, styles I've looked at and size in portion to the machanic motion. I'm no engineer just needing desperately something that cuts down on my electric and if I have to learn something well it sounds fun! All I know is take something that works and reapply! :mellow:

Welcome to hypography, hummingbird! :mellow:

Hello, newbie here, so if I'm not doing this correct please explain. I'm looking to make a perpetual wheel that I've read about and have heard there has been work to perfect this! Does anyone know about where I could go to find out more about this? I'm wanting to work on a project/concept that using this idea with a crank attached to a wind generator, its possible to not have to rely on wind power or solar power such as both do not help people living in western washington areas.

If you’re looking for a useful power-generating system – as opposed to interested in reading about the often fascinating world of pseudoscience and chicanery – it would be a disservice to encourage you to do any research into perpetual motion machines of any kind.

Although one can find countless pamphlets, books, and websites promoting or even selling them or plans to them, no such device has every supplied useful power to anyone. People who promote them are either honest but poorly educated in science and engineering, mentally ill, frauds (many of whom seek to defraud the unwary of money), or the unwary who have been duped into assisting in fraud. Very bad karma! :blink:

To go “off-grid” – generate you own electricity – you must buy/lease and/or build a generator that actually works, following legitimate scientific and engineering principles and standards. Unfortunately, such systems are rarely inexpensive (which makes sense, because if they were, few people would purchase electrical power rather than simply buying such a generator).

You mention that where you want electricity – western Washington state – is not a good site for solar or wind power. That leaves only a couple of obvious free sources you could use for a generator – geothermal (eg: hot springs) or water (a fairly large stream fairly high above where you can place your generator). Either approach will require a fair amount of engineering, work, and money, but if feasible, will actually work. If not feasible, you may need to either move somewhere with a feasible free power source, or resign yourself to buying electricity from a power company, as I assume you are now.

Well the perpetual wheel has all ready worked if you read about it! Its two wheels that rotate and the weight on the top pulls the wheel back down and I've been told that people have perfected this.

If this is true than its all ready been proven with the wind generators that you can take mechanic motion and turn into energy so I'm just taking was has all ready been proven to work and even a simpleton such as my special can see this might work. That is not seudo science but proven science that I only go for. :mellow:

But if putting it to gether correctly works well that I will have to find out for myself. :blink:

Hummingbird- it's really quite simple. In order to have a wheel that spins "perpetually" you would need numerous physically impossible things, most importantly frictionless bearings. Even given that, any load you apply to that wheel, including the load required to generate electricity, would slow down and eventually stop the wheel, unless you devise a way to add more power to the system. Wind generators work when they are placed in a location with a steady amount of wind which supplies the energy necessary to keep the generator rotating. No matter how you try to gain the system, there is no such thing as a free lunch. The energy required to generate electricity is always greater than the amount of energy generated in the form of electricity. Your focus should be on identifying "cheap" and "consistent" sources of energy in a relatively useless form (as CraigD said), and converting that energy into electricity or some other more useful form. Anyone promising perpetual motion is either delusion or disingenuous.

Also, keep in mind that energy storage is as big a problem as energy production if not more so, unless your input source is constant. There is a reason that most people find it more economically efficient to purchase electricity from the grid when that option is available.

Good luck.

NO BODY KNOWS HOW TO READ???? I SAID THIS HAS ALL READY BEEN DONE....HELLO HELLO ANYBODY THERE, I MEAN REALLY :mellow:

I THOUGHT I WOULD GET IDEAS ON HOW TO PERFECT THIS BUT i GUESS JUST WRONG PLACE HERE TO GO.

I'M DEFINITELY BETTER OFF TALKING TO A WALL HERE.... SORRY FOR TAKING UP YOUR TIME HERE PEOPLE. I GUESS I'LL JUST DO IT ALL ON MY OWN. NO WONDER OUR EXTINCTION IS AT HAND UNLESS WE FIND SPACE TRAVEL THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE CARING A BUNCH OF FUEL TO LOAD US DOWN.

AND MY POCKETS ARE EMPTY TO THE ELECTRIC COMPANY......URG!

THANKS FOR THE GREAT WELCOME AND CALLING ME FANCIFUL. WE WILL GO FAR IN LIFE DISHING THESE ATTITUDES OUT!

You know we really should stop having the fanciful ideas and just accept our extinction, aye! :mellow:

I mean history has shown that from the start crecious period, the jurrasic period, and modern day, that first off, we had an explosion of life, because of this the planets resources were badly used up and a rebounding effect took out most the life during that time way beyond the amount of life we had now which is meesly compare to back than. Each time life was smaller and more adapt, but still dinosaurs almost found extinction and most did. Now we will sooner than later find ourselves at the mercy of our own doing and we have not even begun to evolve.

Our biggest problems is free resources and not having overly government control. But if the government wants control than I say they all ready know what this simple just found out and have been deceiving the public. You know and I do that space travel will only happen when we have a space craft that doesn't rely so much on fuel carrying and more on speed.

I would say that my idea is a trillion dollar one!

Don't belittle it with the notion its just girly fancy, ok. be reallistic.

NO BODY KNOWS HOW TO READ???? I SAID THIS HAS ALL READY BEEN DONE....HELLO HELLO ANYBODY THERE, I MEAN REALLY :mellow:

Actually, If you would read something other than the misinformation you've taken a belief in you would learn that it hasn't been done. No perpetual motion machine that works has ever been built and there's no where you can go to physically see one. They only exist in fairy tales.

Actually, If you would read something other than the misinformation you've taken a belief in you would learn that it hasn't been done. No perpetual motion machine that works has ever been built and there's no where you can go to physically see one. They only exist in fairy tales.

:blink:

what are you deaf???? Can you not even read the link you given to me? It says right there that the perpetual wheel is the only thing that has been done and is now being perfected. It is a simple idea like the clock and is two wheels connected with pullies and weights that work to gether to make a wheel in perpetual motion so I don't know what kind of wise crack you are but jezzz get a grip. I told you its even in the link you sent me duh?????duh ha ha ha.

That is not fancy my man thats creativity at its finist. :D

Hey do the math, we have wind power all over arizona right? But most of our power still comes from coals! :mellow:

I've all ready been looking into but not yet decided on turbine style, but that I can talk to them about aye? The experts of the field is whom I gonna believe not a mathmatician.

There into engineering. Why do you think NASA has stopped building and will stop future shuttles?

They've come across something bigger, mark my words.

my apologies they have not perfected only attempts so here is mine.

it has to do with a power spring in constant motion , ok, its simpel but the only problem is restarting the motion. So I came up with a solution, it has to have something next to it that can hold a charge. Got it so far? That becomes simple if you can have a way to recharge from the turbine which I know you can do. :mellow:

Cool, have fun!

yes! i was looking into power springs that are constant motion and most require a battery. But that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it, so I felt the solution would be something that holds a charge. Do you think its laughable or doable :huh:

I'm not much of an artist but I'll try and draw a graph real quick here beback.