Science Forums

Hey

Jman8564

I'm Jman8564, I like philosophy, history and anthropology. I'm starting university in a couple weeks and want to get my mind rolling with some thoughts and ideas, you know, to impress the uni girls later on.

But also I genuinely think that learning and thinking is something everyone needs to do throughout their entire lives, and thatès why Im here.

I'm Jman8564, I like philosophy, history and anthropology. I'm starting university in a couple weeks and want to get my mind rolling with some thoughts and ideas, you know, to impress the uni girls later on.

But also I genuinely think that learning and thinking is something everyone needs to do throughout their entire lives, and thatès why Im here.

Hi, Jman! What's your uni major going to be? I have to say, impressing the girls basically just involves being yourself, btw. :lol:

Hi, Jman! What's your uni major going to be? I have to say, impressing the girls basically just involves being yourself, btw. :lol:

Well Philosophy, but I may make the switch to History, depending on what people have to say about the courses.

I just got my highschool diploma last year and moved out of my apartment where I had lived alone for about 2 years, so I'm quite happy that I'm going to be around people my own age again.

Since June my arm's been broken when I fell off a ladder working at Burger King, I had surgery and pins put through the bone, so I've been spaced out on tylenol 3s for most of the summer and I'm looking forward to school really.

Well Philosophy, but I may make the switch to History, depending on what people have to say about the courses.

I just got my highschool diploma last year and moved out of my apartment where I had lived alone for about 2 years, so I'm quite happy that I'm going to be around people my own age again.

Since June my arm's been broken when I fell off a ladder working at Burger King, I had surgery and pins put through the bone, so I've been spaced out on tylenol 3s for most of the summer and I'm looking forward to school really.

I hope you got workers comp for that. (Sorry, always thinking like a lawyer, can't help it - horrible even trying to watch Spongebob with this mentality!) History is fun and engaging to study, but practically speaking, unless you're going on for a grad program, it's not going to open a lot of doors for you career-wise. History was the #1 major of fellow students in law school, if I recall correctly. And, a close friend with a BA in History works in shipping at a local factory making about $8 an hour. Sigh! But, couple it with a teaching cert or something else, and you might have something going for you. Now that I have written all this, it occurs to me that perhaps you don't care in the least about any of this. So, I guess I should just say that I thought the history courses were always the most fun to study for, in any subject the history was covering. Also, the socialization part sounds very exciting. I miss college. :unsure: I wish you a speedy recovery!