Science Forums

New member with blog & media from the Automotive Xprize

xprizeroadtrip

Hey gang,

I recently returned from the Progressive Automotive Xprize, a 10 million dollar competition for production-viable vehicles getting at least 100 mpg equivalent -- 5 million for a four seater, 2.5 for side-by-side two person, and 2.5 for tandem two person.

I was literally snuck in by the only remaining four-person team. They completely embedded me into the team, full immersion. And if you can believe this, covered the tab for hotel and evening dinners. The contest was only open to public on "track day", just one day of the week.

I did this because the media were barely there, and what did hit the internet was not was I hungered for -- a layperson's, in-the-trenches account of what it was like to experience the Automotive Xprize in person.

Long story short, it was a personal highlight being able to hang out for days with brilliant, courageous, and innovative people from all over the globe. And being there at a historic crossroad where science and consumer reports validated - for the first time - the tech. of our automotive future was, for this geek (and professional musician), a heady experience.

I'd like to share this with anyone interested. I'm looking for suggestions on an appropriate forum where I can post links to photos/video/blog, share insights and answer questions.

Also, I'm also looking for any other forums that might be interested. The media dropped the ball and millions of people with an interest in this never got to experience it, so any suggestions where I might float this "message in a bottle" are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Eric