Science Forums

Biological Bacterium question..<READ

agurus

QHi I’ve got a couple of tough questions I can NEVER answer, you can just reply in a short answer response/list :xx::

1.) Why are euglenas well adapted to conditions of varying light intensities?

2.) What are 3 (simple) ways to classify bacteria?

3.) 3 roles do Eubacteria play in environment?

4.) What would bacteria that live in extreme environments such as hot springs be a good source of?

5.) Which kingdom is thought to have given rise to eukaryotes and why?

6.) How do envelope proteins help mammalian viruses gain eatery into cells?

++++++++++++++++++++++=

Those are the ones I need alota help on but these below are some other questions I have and answers and I was wondering if they would be correct:

7.) Explain importance of Wash Step and why the color of dye is important in gram staining.

ANSWER:

The importance of the wash step in Gram stain is, that to remove the dye from the walls of bacteria so coloring is not mixed with final results, as well the dye for gram positive stays one while from gram negative lightens. The order of dyes are important because, Gram Positive bacteria have thick peptidoglycon walls that retain the dark color, so violet is first used, then after the wash for gram negative the color washes off a bit, and then a lighter color is added so the Gram Positive will show purple and negative will show light red/pink.

8.) Why is boiling water after floods good practice? And will it keep you 100% safe?

ANSWER:

This is a good practice because the boiling of water will kill many harmful bacteria in the water that might have entered during the flooding, though this will not keep you 100% safe because, some bacteria still live and don’t die (live in harsh conditions).