Science Forums

Greetings!

Cephalover

I haven't really been involved in any forum since I was about 16. I'm not 21 and I've gotten into online science writing (I started authoring a blog,) and have found online discussion to be a very stimulating way to learn about things and hone my understanding of topics I like. I also think it's a very important avenue for the public to learn about science and technology.

Other stuff:

I'm a university student in Psychology and Pharmacology programs.

I plan to pursue an MD/PH.D in Behavioral Neuroscience.

My pet interests (academically) are drug addiction, visual neuroscience, Cephalopod and other invertebrate neuoscience, neurodevelopment and embryology, neuroethology, evolutionary theory, and comparative psychology.

My pet interest otherwise include skateboarding, mixing cocktails, playing collectible card games, computers and programming languages, and various arts and crafts.

Thanks in advance for all the great discussions.

...Psychology and Pharmacology ... Behavioral Neuroscience.

... drug addiction, visual neuroscience, Cephalopod and other invertebrate neuoscience, neurodevelopment and embryology, neuroethology, evolutionary theory, and comparative psychology... skateboarding, mixing cocktails, playing collectible card games, computers and programming languages, and various arts and crafts...

Cephalover, I think you should try and broaden your interests. ;) Maybe throw in a little astronomical infrared spectroscopy and the biographies of left-handed, biochemistry scientists who collected beetles. ;)

Anyway, enjoy yourself here. :phones:

Hmm, interesting, quite an interesting array of topics there. You must have been quite into your bio class back in high school, actually what i find interesting is the mix of physical science interest, such as the biology and neuroscience, though i guess it is not necessary to be hands on, i doubt that you don't like to flip that light switch on your microscope. On the other hand the psychology part, also quite interesting, studying behavioral traits of animals seems like a nice overview of the neuroscience behind that ponderance, which sounds like a neat combination. As to the other hobbies, we all need something to get away from things, you scate and play cards, i stunt motorcycles and do photo. How are your interests spread in the somp-sci area?

Actually i am researching something at the moment that might tickle your fancy, well, maybe, its kind of a mix on topics with a historic backbone, but i wont say what it is, because it will kind of ruin the surprise...