Science Forums

Is it safe for the environment ?

candysarah

A new Benz store opened in our city yesterday.It attract a lot of people to see the opening ceremoney .I do not know why , at last my friend told me that there is a new machine was used for the advertise on this opening ceremoney -a machine that can produce a lot of different images such as Mickey Mouse,people image,the logo of Benz company and so on , it is so fantistic .do you think so ? But my friends told me that this kind of clouds made of helium and water.I am very comfused that whether it can effect the environment or not ?

Here is some picture in the site of activity.

If you want to see more pictures about this , please have a look the website of the manufacture : http://www.smileclouds.com

Umm...do you have more info on this? Other pics? The ones shown seem photoshoped.

Helium and water are naturally occurring atmospheric components. Helium is so light and non-reactive, that it would likely pose no danger at all. Water vapor in the atmosphere can provoke local, or regional, shifts. But with such a (presumably) small amount, it seems benign to me. More info please!

Don't know whether the pictures are photo shopped or not, but Snow Masters makes a machine called Flogo that creates lighter-than-air foamy bubble objects that appear to be similar to those in the picture.

Flogos - It's Not a Bird. It's Not a Plane. It's a Flogo!

According to the FAQ on the website, the soap is "100% environmentally safe".

The MSDS for their clear soap solution gives cocoamidopropylamine oxide as the only listed ingredient. I found no info online on the spelling given, but if it is correctly spelled "cocamidopropylamine", then it appears that this is a common substance used in shampoos and soaps as a surfactant and cleansing agent, and seems to be relatively harmless.

COSMETICSINFO.ORG - Your source for safety information about cosmetics and personal care products

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the helium water mixture itself does not pollute the environment. But if the machine that makes this fancy clouds came from a standard industrial factory, and/or was brought to the ceremony by a van/car/truck that chugs on oil, then it has already polluted the air(indirectly). Not much to do if you really need fancy clouds though.