Science Forums

Menstruation cause

A23

At school we learned, it was hormon cycle, but I doubted, and thought : is it not women fightng among them, and hurting the vaginas of others with objects until they bleed ?

You can learn the error of you thinking by learning some very simple anatomy and physiology. Menstruation (or its equivalent in the estrus cycle that occurs in many non-human female mammals, bleeding during metestrus), is not bleeding of the vagina, but of the uterus. Accessing a woman’s uterus is a moderately difficult medical procedure, as it requires that a long, thin instrument to be inserted through the vagina, past the cervix, which is usually tightly constricted (often following mechanical or chemical dilation of the cervix), or a surgical incision through the abdominal and uterine wall be made. Partial or strong general anesthesia is often used during such procedures. It’s almost inconceivable that a woman’s uterus could be injured by an object inserted into the vagina while fighting, without injuring her terribly. Even when done by trained physicians in well-equipped clinics, accessing a uterus has a risk of fatal injury.

Although you could in principle learn this anatomy and physiology by observing a human procedure, or animal dissection in school, if you are asking the question at all, you’re likely not trained enough to do either. Instead, I recommend you look at the many instructional illustration of human and animal female reproductive organs, such as the one in the wikipedia article “cervix”

The most direct way to learn that menstruation is not the result of injuries to the vagina is to ask a woman – though, as most women will find this question offensive, you should chose one you know to be extraordinarily patient with you!

:) A23, your question is so offensive and bizarre, I worry that you might have serious psychiatric problems. I recommend you ask your question of a counselor. If you are in school, a teacher or school administrator should be able to get you to a counselor.

At school we learned, it was hormon cycle, but I doubted, and thought : is it not women fightng among them, and hurting the vaginas of others with objects until they bleed ?

Damnit, our secret has been revealed! How did you guys discover this? Just to clarify, though: we don't use any foreign objects - each month every women has the sacred duty to kick her best female friend in the groin so that she keeps her mind focused on reality instead of spending her time coming up with ridiculous ideas and posting them on science forums.

i'm on the way to start to draw an aryan comix,

So it sounds like the interestingly misguided evolutionary theory posed earlier in the thread is in perfect alignment with your world view....

It seems the idea make reactive, so it is a good start.

Ah, so your intent is to see what gets a "reaction."

Go ahead, make my day. :)

By the way we've forwarded your e-mail address to the National Security Agency, the State Department and the Immigration Service, so it's likely that your 40% has gone to zero...

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think, :)

Buffy