Science Forums

Rush Limbaugh Against Oil and Coal: Supports Nuclear Power

Rade

On 2-18-2010, on the Rush Limbaugh radio show he made a revolutionary announcement for a political and economic conservative--he rejects use of oil and coal for future energy production in the United States and supports nuclear energy. In effect, Rush Limbaugh supports the ever growing "war on coal" that is rapidly spreading across the United States, especially in many southern conservative areas of the country. Maybe the 1/2 of brain he works with is really all he needs :shrug:--here is the quote from his radio show:

RUSH (presented on 2-18-2010 radio show, with no change in wording, in context of future energy production for USA): I don't disagree that nuclear power is the way, but Obama is genuinely not interested in it. Please don't doubt me, please.

I don't know about political stands on nuclear power, but I've noticed significant increase in the market for engineers in nuclear power field. Everywhere I searched for jobs there are openings at some nuclear power plant. Moreso than I've noticed at any time before. It seems like a governmental trend to me.

Hello Lawcat.

Here is a useful link to current nuclear power plants in USA:

States with Commercial Nuclear Industries

Clink on South Carolina. You will see that the state currently uses nuclear power for ~ 50% of its energy production. One can then clearly see why Obama Admin. is giving a grant to the nuclear power capitalist industry in South Carolina--a large industry is already in place.

What I find interesting about this is that Rush Limbaugh goes around the county getting large sums of money giving talks in support of oil and coal, but, as we now know from his radio show comments, he wants to see the county move forward with nuclear power--not that I disagree--just that I am surprised. Also, I completely disagree with Rush Limbaugh's convoluted logic that Obama is "genuinely not interested in" nuclear power, but then, he needs folks to continue to listen to his daily musings so he will not often agree with any position taken by Obama.

It does not surprise me that there is a movement towards nuclear. But imo it has to be accompanied with movement towards electric in transportation and equipment industry. I think it's the transportation and equipment industry that is the point of contention. Both are heavily founded on oil and gas. That needs to change, but it's difficult considering all the jobs and manufacturing parts that revolve around it.

Rush Limbaugh radio show and logic don't go together.

I wonder if Rush knows he is supporting Obama? Nuclear power is the way to go, it helps our economy and gives us the power to do many of the things people want, like Independence from foreign oil, electric cars, a clean environment, it helps global weather change. WOW! Has Rush jumped the tracks! :lol: :naughty:

• 1 month later...