Science Forums

How to get latex to display when browsing

trekkiee

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked many times before, and I tried to find a sticky for this, but can some1 plz tell me the easiest way to get latex code to display properly when I'm browsing the math & physics forums? The code usually displays for me as unreadable white marks against a black gackground. I usually click on the code and then try and piece together what it's saying from the written LaTex code.

Thx in advance.

I am still using IE6 'cus of other unrelated isues, but I think this problems effects most browsers 'cus I've seen others complain of the same or a similar thing. On physicsforums.com some1 complained of a problem very similar to what I described, latex code displaying as nearly unreadable or unreadable white marks against a black background. That person described it as an anit-aliasing problem, which it might be, I don't know. But a forum mentor said that these images were stored that way on the server, implying that they were, perhaps, incorrectly formated when initially posted, and that one's browser can do nothing to properly display the image. Or not. I'm still not sure.

disable your theme!

the problem is that the latex is rendered as black text on mostly white background (you know, to go with the theme), but the background is set to transparent (which is actually a post processing thing, so its not exactly perfect) (gif) so change your browser to display the proper theme for this website (enable the website to choose its own colors) (which is black text on white background) and enjoy bootyful pics :nahnahbooboo:

disable your theme!

the problem is that the latex is rendered as black text on mostly white background (you know, to go with the theme), but the background is set to transparent (which is actually a post processing thing, so its not exactly perfect) (gif) so change your browser to display the proper theme for this website (enable the website to choose its own colors) (which is black text on white background) and enjoy bootyful pics :oh_really:

How do I change my IE6 browser running on windows XP to display the proper theme for the website, which I guess is the same as allowing the website to choose its own colors?

Thx in advance :yeahthat: