Science Forums

There are 2 types of people in the world...

paigetheoracle

There are two types of people in the world - those you warn others against and those you recommend to them.

For instance experts (tradesmen) whose abilities and quality of workmanship is something you admire and can't personally surpass and cowboys (amateurs) whose dismal efforts you could easily do better yourself, and who you look down on for this reason: A professional is somebody that you are quite happy to leave alone to get on with the job and who even needs this to complete the job quietly, quickly and efficiently as opposed to bodgers, who need constant supervision because all they want to do is avoid the job or rush it, if you're absent (Don't want to be there mentally or physically as opposed to professionals who love what they are doing and see it as a challenge, not a chance to get something for nothing by charging over the odds for what they do/ don't do).

There are two types of people - those who do everything they can to survive and elongate their lives (conformists/ law abiding/ defenders of the faith/ settlers/ imitators/ followers/ scientists) and those who live short, passionate lives (rebels/ pioneers/ criminals/ leaders/ discoverers/ artists)*

* Those who try to make their lives count for something and those who count down their lives (I saw a documentary recently about Culiacan in Mexico, which contrasted the elaborate mausoleums of deceased gangsters and the hovels of workers building marinas and luxury homes for invading Americans from north of the border - the former's tombs were better built than the shacks of the poor, with air conditioning, comfortable seating for visitors and holy water to bless their images and the latest drug running exploits of those still alive).

Those who have read my latest Nothing post (me & Tormod) :)

and all those deprived, uninformed, unenlightened, poor sods who haven't. :(

I'm telling you, these are hard and desperate times when a guy has to go promoting his own posts.

Finding that myself - having to cross post, to let others know about neglected threads.

By the way if you post about nothing, how can you expect any response at all?:hihi: