Science Forums

SixthSense Technology

erich

This technology is somewhat less than what it seems to be IMO. It just an inventive way of making use of current technologies. It's no more complex than those voice analyzers you deal with when calling the cable company that often misread what you are trying to say.

Except instead of voice reading it identifies objects and then performs some predefined function associated with that object.

• 2 weeks later...
It's no more complex than those voice analyzers you deal with when calling the cable company that often misread what you are trying to say.

As someone who gets to work on those, from that statement, you have a vague idea as to exactly how complex they get, and just how hard that is to do accurately... infact detecting visual shapes and patterns may, infact, be simpler then accurately transcribing someone's accented chatter...

The other thing that is interesting is if visual-face scanning software ever blends with tiny camera's in our glasses or pins in our shirts.

Then we could be walking down a street, and the camera scans the crowd. It recognises someone from their Facebook page, and sends a warning laser (from the glasses / goggles that you're wearing) straight into your eye! The goggles have talked to google and your Facebook page / Myspace page / whatever, and the alert has come up:

"This is your cousin's girlfriend and she just had a fight with your cousin... cough (or wave your hand / touch your ear) if you want to know more".

I think the truth of this genius , is evidenced by the way my brain spins trying to grasp the utility / functionality / generational friendliness / interactiveness / etc, etc

I used to dream, as a child about living in the library of Congress, always able to know anything, always something novel, Sixth sence is that dream , writ large and ubiquitous.

Staring at woman's chest, we finally have an honest excuse;

"I'm just trying to know you better"