Science Forums

Fantastic Contraption

InfiniteNow

...I've yet to see someone else present an ITZ solution for this level:...
Well, I did it several weeks ago. It was kind of an accidental solution. Over the labor day weekend, I was showing my brudder-N-law the contraption website (he loves it!) and we worked together on re-creating my earlier solution. And here it is:

Flipper-Flopping the Tottering Tower.

ITZ BIG TIME. WOOT! WOOT!

• 1 year later...
I coughed up the ten dollars to unlock all the levels. There's tons of user created levels and it allows you to create your own levels.

Here's my latest victory:

Fantastic Contraption: A fun online physics puzzle game

(zoom out to see the whole thing)

It wants me to pay the ten bucks to see it! I may get this for myself for Christmas.

Bill

When I try the link it say that it is restricted and that I can't view it unless I by the full version.

But your bringing it up reminded me of a solution that I don't think that I posted here. On another board, someone came up with the challenge of solving for U-turn so that the device continually repeats (the target enters the goal, leaves the goal, and then repeats the loop).

Here is the solution I came up with. It turned out to be a little trickier than I first suspected. My first several attempts resulted in contraptions that would repeat maybe 2 or three times and then hang up.

I've let this solution run for quite a long time and it hasn't hung up yet. Eventually the triangle with the hanging rod will be pushed all the way to the bend and wedge, but the device will continue to run.

Fantastic Contraption: A fun online physics puzzle game