Science Forums

How I recovered from a 12 year breakdown

rodgertutt

WHAT I WISH I HAD KNOWN DURING MY YOUTH

How I recovered from a 12 year nervous breakdown (1966-78)

I’m 70 years old

My name is Rodger Tutt. I am 70 years old. I could have avoided a horrific twelve year nervous breakdown (1966-78) had I known as a youth about the following information concerning what a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible teaches.

You can access my website through Google by typing in hope4you rodger tutt, or

My website is [link removed]

You can also access most of the following writings through Google by typing in the title.

BOOKS THAT SHOW THAT THE BIBLE TEACHES UNIVERSAL SALVATION,

THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF WHICH CAN BE READ ONLINE

If necessary, copy and paste the following urls into the address bar.

0. ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST – Charles Slagle

1. HOPE BEYOND HELL - Gerry Beauchemin (recently published)

2. CHRIST TRIUMPHANT - Thomas Allin

3. THE BIBLE HELL - J.W. Hanson

4. THE ORIGIN AND HISTORY OF THE DOCTRINE OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT – Thomas Thayer

5. THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley

6. JUST WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HELL" - J. Preston Eby

7. ONE HUNDRED SCRIPTURAL PROOFS THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL SAVE ALL MANKIND - Thomas Whittemore

8. TWENTY-FOUR SERMONS ON UNIVERSAL SALVATION – John Bovee Dods

9. THE SECOND DEATH AND THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – Andrew Jukes

10. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY REASONS FOR BELIEVING IN THE FINAL SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND – Erasmus Manford

11. THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS – J. Patching

12. BIBLE TRANSLATIONS THAT DO NOT TEACH ETERNAL TORMENT – Gary Amirault

13. AION – AIONIOS – John Wesley Hanson

14. BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED – John Wesley Hanson

15. THE CASE OF JUDAS, ETCETERA

16. THE PROBLEM OF EVIL – John Essex

AND THE ROLE OF THE ADVERSARY – James Webb

17. HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE – James Coram

18. THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – Andrew Jukes

19. THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – George Hawtin

20. THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD SERIES – J. Preston Eby

ESPECIALLY THIS ONE IN THAT SERIES

21. THE PURPOSE OF EVIL

22. TEN REASONS NOT TO BELIEVE THE TEACHING OF ETERNAL TORTURE

23. IS HELL ETERNAL OR WILL GOD’S PLAN FAIL? -

24. THE PROBLEM OF EVIL AND THE JUDGMENTS OF GOD – A.E. Knoch

25. GOD’S EONIAN PURPOSE

26. A TREASURE HOUSE OF CHRISTIAN BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM ARTICLES

No roger, you are Proselytizing, it is not allowed. I am glad that belief in iron age fairy tales have helped you but suggesting they are true and wanting others to believe them is indeed Proselytizing. Read the rules roger

BTW, the intimidation of your version of reality has no place for anyone who believes other wise other than hell. I have lived my life with people trying to use these iron age horror stories to intimidate me and mine, please take them elsewhere. You saying you believe everyone is welcome to believe the way they want to is totally contradicted by the writings you are pushing.

No roger, you are Proselytizing, it is not allowed. I am glad that belief in iron age fairy tales have helped you but suggesting they are true and wanting others to believe them is indeed Proselytizing. Read the rules roger

BTW, the intimidation of your version of reality has no place for anyone who believes other wise other than hell. I have lived my life with people trying to use these iron age horror stories to intimidate me and mine, please take them elsewhere. You saying you believe everyone is welcome to believe the way they want to is totally contradicted by the writings you are pushing.

Some people believe the Bible is the word of God, or at leaat contains the word of God.

Many of these same people are very glad to learn that the Bible does not teach that God will let anyone suffer forever. And that hold true whether or not you even believe in the existence of God.

I cannot understand why this info doesn't belong in the theology section of this forum.

I cannot understand why this info doesn't belong in the theology section of this forum.

You very rudely made your own assumptions about what "Theology" means and did not bother to read any of the descriptions or rules for the Theology forum:

In the forum title: "Discussion about the social, philosophical and political impact of religion."

In the rules:

This is not a forum for preaching the word of God (regardless of which one you may subscribe to). It is a forum for rational discussion of religious thought, and varieties thereof. How does science and religion interact? How does religion impact society? What is the role of religion in education? Why are wars fought over religious ideas? These are examples of topics we hope to see here.

This is not the place to discuss Bible verses, nor is it the place to explain why your religion is much better than the alternatives. There are plenty of forums for that on the web already. Please respect our wishes to maintain a forum which first and foremost concerns the scientific aspects of religion, and not the faith aspects of it.

Preaching will not be tolerated

Your post constitutes "spreading the word" which your religion may tell you to do, but this is offensive to people who do not share your views.

Simply thinking you can post something like this because you have your own definition of "Theology" is selfish, obnoxious, and quite frankly very un-Christian.

If you have a scientific, sociological or psychological aspect of your experience to discuss, you may do so, otherwise please find someplace else to promote the benefits of your personal lifestyle choice.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live, :bump:

Buffy

You very rudely made your own assumptions about what "Theology" means and did not bother to read any of the descriptions or rules for the Theology forum:

In the forum title: "Discussion about the social, philosophical and political impact of religion."

In the rules:

This is not a forum for preaching the word of God (regardless of which one you may subscribe to). It is a forum for rational discussion of religious thought, and varieties thereof. How does science and religion interact? How does religion impact society? What is the role of religion in education? Why are wars fought over religious ideas? These are examples of topics we hope to see here.

This is not the place to discuss Bible verses, nor is it the place to explain why your religion is much better than the alternatives. There are plenty of forums for that on the web already. Please respect our wishes to maintain a forum which first and foremost concerns the scientific aspects of religion, and not the faith aspects of it.

Preaching will not be tolerated

Your post constitutes "spreading the word" which your religion may tell you to do, but this is offensive to people who do not share your views.

Simply thinking you can post something like this because you have your own definition of "Theology" is selfish, obnoxious, and quite frankly very un-Christian.

If you have a scientific, sociological or psychological aspect of your experience to discuss, you may do so, otherwise please find someplace else to promote the benefits of your personal lifestyle choice.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live, :oh_really:

Buffy

Sorry if I came across as "rude."

That was not my intention.

It is my opionion that my contibution perfectly responds to the question

"How does religion impact society?" as mentioned in the rules.

The Muslims say the Cristians are going to hell, and the Christians say the Muslims are going to hell, and consequently, they both maintain a degree of dislike for each other based on their exclusive perception of what they think God thinks of the other. And this is bound to affect how they interact with each other on a day to day basis.

The info I posted demonstrates, and least from a Biblical point of view, that God loves both Muslims and Christians equally. I can't speak for the Muslim (Quran) point of view though except for what the Muslim missionary told me on the phone.

It is my opionion that my contibution perfectly responds to the question "How does religion impact society?" as mentioned in the rules.

The Muslims say the Cristians are going to hell, and the Christians say the Muslims are going to hell, and consequently, they both maintain a degree of dislike for each other based on their exclusive perception of what they think God thinks of the other. And this is bound to affect how they interact with each other on a day to day basis.

That is a topic we do like to discuss here. However your post does not discuss *sociological* or *psychological* aspects of the problem: it solely refers to scriptures or interpretations thereof that argue this point, and do so from a highly promotional point of view.

As a result your contribution is very much out of line of what we do discuss here.

The info I posted demonstrates, and least from a Biblical point of view, that God loves both Muslims and Christians equally. I can't speak for the Muslim (Quran) point of view though except for what the Muslim missionary told me on the phone.

That's nice, and many of us agree with that interpretation, but it is an interpretation of scripture, which we explicitly proscribe here because it is not scientific.

Quite frankly, you'd get just about as much flak in these forums if you insisted that "the Jester" in "American Pie" refers to Bob Dylan.

What would be an interesting topic is *why* the current religious institutions promote such conflict, something that we discuss in the thread 3468.

If you take some time to look at what you've wrote and understand why you've gotten such a negative reaction, maybe you can contribute in a positive way here.

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it, :oh_really:

Buffy