Science Forums

My latest infractions (2012 thread.)

First, this footnote in the "What is time?" thread belonged in the 2012 thread, but it provides context for this complaint.

BTW, Pyrotex, my confrontation of Modest as being on a "witch hunt"** in the 2012 thread was *clearly metaphorical*, and I demonstrated same with my several references to Shearer's book being my primary source, no longer in my posession, and unable, at this time, to produce demanded references as to Shearer's codex sources.

Certainly not worthy of a few more infractions... for what it's worth.

Here is a review of the exchange for which I was cited:

To Modest, as per above context:

** "You are on a witch hunt here, looking for a reason to burn me."

Originally Posted by RCP/CRT/RRT View Post

Oh no, no, If there were a witch hunt, you would've been burned a long time ago!

Thanks for that though... Laughter is so good!

Seriously though, seems there has been quite a bit of tolerance afforded you here, considering this is primarily a science forum....

(Note: All the emoticons jumping for joy at at the thought of my *metaphorical* burning add to the mean spirited tone of the post, tho they didn't transcribe from my notepad.)

To which Pyrotex, in the same mean spirited tone, said "amen."

...To which I said:

"The head of the Inquisition has given his blessing upon the burning of the accused witch!

Who will light the fire?"

Pyrotex gave me 3 (?) infractions for rudeness in the above exchange and told me to take my snake oil elsewhere and that I am not welcome in this forum.

All of the above seems very wrong to me. The nasty tone was created by RCP and seconded by Pyrotex, but I am cited for rudeness, etc.??

Michael

PS... From freeztar's post 42 in the "Fake Rep System" thread in this section:

We want everyone to feel welcome here, even if they are not popular with other members. Again, if there is anything I can do, let us know.

So, there seems to be a difference of opinion here between freeztar's flexibility and openness to dissent and diversity of opinion and and Pyrotex's hardcore materialism and intolerance of the spiritual experiences of mystics (i.e., "snake oil") for which he would obviously give me the boot if it were just up to him.

Comments?

M

You received one infraction worth three points, not three separate infractions.

FWIW, I gave a warning to RCP telling him to cool it, which he did.

Your comment was given an infraction because Pyrotex found it rude and/or offensive. You have a history of this.

In general, there's no need for off-topic discussions about witch burning, inquisitions, etc. in a thread about 2012 conspiracy theories. Carry on...