Science Forums

What God Knows

Rade

rade, please expound on the red
Space = that which is intermediate between existents (things that exist). Existents exist within a moment (the present). Now, according to Lewis, for God, there is only the moment. Time = that which is intermediate between moments. It then follows from these definitions that what exists in the moment is outside space-time.

All of the above depends on who you think god is...
True, but my OP was in relation to who C.S. Lewis thinks God is...so sure, all the "meanings" being discussed here are relative to the OP statement about Lewis' concept of God. My meanings of time and space come from my understanding (or lack of) what Aristotle had to say about them. In reading your post I did not pick up on whether or not you agree with Lewis or Aristotle about the OP topic of "what God knows". Of course, if you do not believe in God, this thread has no meaning whatsoever.

Space = that which is intermediate between existents (things that exist). Existents exist within a moment (the present). Now, according to Lewis, for God, there is only the moment. Time = that which is intermediate between moments. It then follows from these definitions that what exists in the moment is outside space-time.

"moment is an illusive concept. yes you can say for god to stay in the moment only while each moment flows as time , god must be outside of it,

but in the same vein, i can also say that god to be in a moment to moment flow in time must be also in time.

ergo, these notions allow god to be both transcendent and immanent with regards to time. but then again, if time is just an "object" of human perception, it has an illusory nature, so to speak of inside or outside of time is also purely based on our imagination.